Chapter 4 - Holy Roman Empire

NOTE - The Holy Roman Empire stretched from the eastern regions of France to the eastern borders of Germany and included modern day Luxembourg, the Northern Territories of Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium and The Netherlands. It was a multi-ethnic complex of territories in Western and Central Europe and the reasoning for the name could be because the emperors of the region (who were elected) inherited their supreme power from the ancient Roman emperors. 

Below is a map to give you a better idea of where the Heather, Eret and Pedro will be. Specifically the blue dot!

Also, trigger warning! This chapter touches on suicide!

On with the chapter!!!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Heather smiled as a familiar sight came into view.

A sight that she never knew would make her so happy.

Eret glanced at her from the back of Skullcrusher and raised his eyebrows. "What you thinking of?" He asked as Heather glanced at him. Pedro, also on the back of Firecracker, turning his head to look at Heather.

"We're landing here..." She smiled Firecracker began to descend.

Eret didn't question, simply following her as the dragons landed on the outskirts of a town.

"Where are we?" Pedro asked he climbed off the back if Firecracker, looking at the wooden, tall buildings and bustling people,

Everyone was in bright colours, unlike the dull colours of Roma. Women's dress was still similar, long plain coloured gowns that were closely cut to the body but still loose. There was piping and edging around the hem and neckline of intricate designs as shorter overskirts in a contrasting colour were held in place with belts.

Some women had shawls draped over their shoulders - long like cloaks but not affixed but most women wore white veils on their heads, similar to the women in Roma.

The men were wearing bright colours too - tunics of varying length but were girdled at the waist. Their pants contrasted the colours of their tunics and their shoes were pointed. Cloaks and jackets decorated their upper halves as pouches, scabbards and pockets hung from their belts.

Heather smiled and stretched out her hands to the people. "Eret...Pedro...welcome to Güstrow!"

"Güstrow?" The name sounded familiar to Eret and he tapped his chin as he tried to recall where he had it before.