Chapter 6 - Kievan Rus'

Hi everyone!!!

We are in the next chapter! Almost half-way through!!   

We are traveling to a land that made up Russia and the Baltic States as we venture into a Slavic folktale about a seductress. 

Violence, aggression, foul language so the reader's discretion is advised. 

On with the chapter!!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A fire crackled in a pit.

Three dragons were asleep in the night.

A golden glow illuminated the area as Eret, Pedro, and Heather lay on the grass, looking up at the stars and moon above them.

"These starry nights remind me of Berk..." Heather sighed as Eret turned his head to her.

"They remind me of Alexandria..." He said as Heather blushed.

"Wait...you guys went to Alexandria?" Pedro asked. "When? Why? How?"

Heather laughed. "Well...the Berkians were apparently looking for the Golden Chamber in Constantinople...but let's just say their navigation skills are not the best."

"It was Snotlout's fault..." Eret replied.

"Why didn't you go?" Pedro questioned Heather as she sighed.

"I...was accused of theft so I ran from the island before there was a bounty on my head..." Heather replied.

"We did try to help you..." Eret remarked as Heather nodded, smiling at him next to her.

"I know...and you continued to defend when we reunited in the desert." They stared at each other, recalling their night in the desert as Pedro cleared his throat.

"Who's Snotlout?"

Heather laughed. "Pedro...do you not pay attention when we tell you stories about Berk?"

"I do...but there are just so many people and so many problems..." He groaned as Heather giggled. 

"Alright, listen up! Because this is the last time!" She warned and Pedro sat up. 

"I'm all ears."

***

Spending most the night telling Pedro about their time on Berk (again) - how they individually met them, the trials and tribulations while they were there and their reasons for leaving - Heather was starting to fall asleep. Pedro hurried to relieve himself as Heather made a bed as Eret handed her another blanket.