The End of Darkness

The Flag of Imam Mahdi (a.j)

According to some narrations, the slogan of Imam Mahdi's flag at the time of his reappearance is going to be:
'البيعة لله'
which means: Allegiance to Allah.

It has been mentioned that:
'البيعة لله'
is a call from Jibreel the Archangel that will reach the ears of the people in the entire world.

Imam Sadiq (as) said, "From his right side, Jibreel will call out 'البيعة لله'. Then at that time, his followers (a.j) will move towards him from far distances until they oath their allegiance to him.

Allah (swt) through him will fill the earth with justice and peace just as it has been filled with oppression and tyranny."

According to many narrations, the flag of Imam Mahdi (a.j) at the time of his advent, is going to be the flag of Prophet Muhammad (saw).

Someone asked Imam Sadiq (as), "Is the flag with Imam Mahdi (a.j) or is someone going to bring it for him?"

Imam replied, "The Archangel Jibreel will bring it for him."

Then he continued, "With that flag, he'll not cross any tyrants until Allah (swt) will destroy all of them."

Imam Sadiq (as) talked about the flag with Abu Basir and said,
"O Abu Muhammad! That flag is not made of cotton or flax or silk."

I then asked, 'So what is it made of?'

He replied, "A leaf from Paradise. During the battle of Badr Prophet Muhammad (saw) put up the flag and after that, he folded it and gave it to Imam Ali (as).

It was with Imam (as) until the Battle of the Camel. Imam (as) put up the flag on that day, thus Allah granted him victory.

Then he (as) folded it, and now it's with us. No one will unfold it until Imam Mahdi's uprising. When he (a.j) rises, he'll then put it up."

Imam Ali (as) said, "When al-Mahdi (a.j) puts up his flag, the east and west part of the earth will become clear for him."

━━━━━━•••━━━━━━

The attire of Imam Mahdi (a.j)

According to many narrations, some of the heritage of Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Ahlulbayt (as) is with Imam Mahdi (a.j), and one of them is the shirt of Prophet (saw).

Yaqob bin Sho'ayb narrated from Imam Sadiq (as) that he said, "Shall I show you the shirt that al-Mahdi will be wearing at the time of his uprising?"

I replied, "Yes". Then he opened up a box and inside it was a shirt, he unfolded it and spread it on the ground. I noticed that the left sleeve of the shirt was bloody.

Imam (as) said, 'This is the shirt of Prophet (saw) when his front teeth got broken, he had this shirt on and our Qaim (a.j) will rise at that time while having this shirt on.

Also, Abu Basir narrated from Imam Sadiq (as), 'The shirt that Prophet (saw) had on during the battle of Uhud, he (a.j) will be wearing that.

Howbeit, in some other narrations, it's also mentioned that the shirt of Imam Mahdi (a.j) is the shirt of Imam Ali (as).

━━━━━━•••━━━━━━

The Archangel Jibreel's role

The big role of archangel Jibreel in the worldwide uprising of Imam (a.j) has been mentioned in some trustworthy narrations.

Jibreel has been named as the first individual to oath his allegiance to Imam Mahdi (a.j).

According to a narration, 'Jibreel together with a great number of Angels will be present at the time of Imam's advent and hasten to aid him (a.j).'