The disasters and misfortunes that people will face

Increase of violence, brutality, blood thirsty people are amongst the traits of the end of time.

Before his (a.j) reappearance, there will be many corruptions on earth.

Some of these refers to the wars that are happening all over the world but some other refers to the hearts of people that turns hard due to their sins and evil actions.

Imam Ali (as) said, "During that time, there will be people who look like humans but their hearts, is of a shaytan's. They will shed bloods, they're greedy and predators like wolves.

If you follow them, they'll criticize you and if you hide yourself from them, they'll gossip about you."

━━━━━━•••━━━━━━

A certain event that's been mentioned in hadiths is the appearance of an evil and tyrant person called 'Sufyani'.

One of the things that will occur when Sufyani takes control of some power is the many killings and bloodshed of people.

Imam Sadiq (as) said, "It's as if I see Sufyani or the friend of Sufyani that has come to your city Kufa and is saying: 'Whoever brings the head of a Shi'a of Imam Ali (as), I will give them 1000 dirham.

Then a neighbour will get their own neighbour and say, 'This is one of them.' And beheads them and gets their 1000 money."

In general, there will be many killings and people dying at that time.

Abu Basir and Muhammad bin Muslim narrated from Imam Sadiq (as), "Before the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (a.j), two thirds of people will die."

Someone asked him, 'If two thirds of people die, then who will be left?'

He (as) responded, 'Don't you like to be the ones remaining?'

Many Earthquakes

There's going to be many earthquakes.

Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, "At that time, the earthquakes will happen throughout the earth, and the judges will get bribery for their judging, and people become sinners and keep committing corruptions and haram.

Then Al-Mahdi (a.j) will reappear." [To fill earth with justice and peace and get rid of all corruptions with the help of Allah Almighty.]

When humans turn into another creature

The changing of humans into another creature has been mentioned as another disaster that will occur.

It could be their visuals changing to something uglier, or their visual changing from human face to something else. Also, the changing of one's face to an animal.

Allah (swt) in Qur'an has mentioned the changing of some people of the past.

They were some Jewish people who disobeyed Allah (swt) and didn't follow the order that told them they should stop their work on Saturday for important reason. But they didn't listen and still went to work and did fishing. Allah (swt) then changed their visuals and turned them into apes.

Ayah 65 of Surah Al-Baqarah:

'You are already aware of those of you who broke the Sabbath. We said to them,

"Be disgraced apes!"

Also, in Surah Al-Ma'idah Ayah 60:

Say, O Prophet, "Shall I inform you of those who deserve a worse punishment from Allah than the rebellious?

It is those who earned Allah's condemnation and displeasure—some being reduced to apes and pigs and worshippers of false gods.

These are far worse in rank and farther astray from the Right Way."