- training & telltales -

Start from the beginning

"Gossiping about us?" Pietro's teased, a toothy grin on display. Elenora and Wanda scoffed.

"As if you're that sociable," Wanda said, "for you to be in our conversation."

Elenora and Peter met eyes, but then looked away immediately.

***

Training ended soon after, and thank goodness for that. Elenora wasn't sure how many more questions from Wanda she could handle. While Pietro and Wanda went to their bedrooms, Peter and Elenora headed to the commons to see if the team was there, and luckily enough, they were. Bucky, Steve, Clint, Natasha and Tony were lounging around.  The two kids greeted them, and they greeted back.

"How was training, Sweetheart?" Steve asked, sending Elenora a smile from his place on the coach.

She told him that it wasn't bad. "Did you guys find anything out about the orginization?" she asked, and Bucky was the only one to send her a look. Clint and Tasha exchanged an expression, and Tony took another gulp of his drink. Steve didn't look up.

"Was hoping you'd remember we can't tell you," Bucky chided, and Elenora did a little "hymph" and sat down. Peter, who was standing behind her, followed up her question.

"I was uh," his arm reached for his backpack to drop, "also wondering about that, Mr.Stark."

Tony sent a fake smile. "And u was wondering why you ask questions you're not supposed to. Funny thing is neither of gets an answer." Dejectedly, Peter took a seat. Tony looked uncomfortable, and changed the subject. "So Elenora, Wanda tells me you're not going to homecoming," he reached into a drawer for something, glancing up, "is that right?"

Steve and Bucky looked over to Elenora who nodded sheepishly. Peter swallowed. "Uh, yeah," she admitted, trying not to make eye contact with her dads. "It's just that the last time someone in the room went to homecoming-"

Wanda stifled a laugh, and Clint smirked too. Peter grew red.

Bucky tried not to notice the other people in the room, "Kid, you know, if you wanted to go we could figure something out," he told her, and she almost felt guilty for not going. Bucky was willing to make sure she'd go, but then she remembered that she didn't have a dress or a date.

"Thank you," her lips rose in appreciation. "But really, I'm good. I'd rather spend the night here, anyways."

Tony's eyes fell on Peter, "And can I assume you won't go either?"

Peter nodded.

A grin flashed on Tony's face, and Elenora and Peter made eye contact- they knew whatever it was, wouldn't be good. The last time Tony had expression like that, Peter was grounded for a week and Elenora had to buy a new backpack. "I've got a great idea," he announced suddenly, mischief clear in his voice.

"Is it really a great idea?" Clint muttered, throwing his face in his hands.

Tony ignored him. "I'll throw a party here, yeah? It'll be great, so much better than a high school party with the knock off booze and depressed kids-"

Steve interrupted, "Do you remember the last time you threw a party, Stark? When a robot start blowing things up? Speaking of which, where's Banner?" Natasha told him that Bruce wasn't feeling well.

Tony sent him a pointed look, "Listen, Spangles, we fixed that. I can assure you that it won't happen again. At least, not tomorrow night."

Natasha butted in, "Do you really think this is a good idea, Stark? I mean, there's people who really want us dead right now."

"And that makes this different? A lot of people want us dead. We've lasted. And hey, if we can't party, who are we?"

"Responsible citizens contributing to society?" Bucky retorted.

"Wrong, Fritzo," Tony said. "It makes us respectable government property. I don't know about you guys, but I don't belong to anyone, and I sure as hell am not respectable. Not when I party, anyway. "

Though his reasoning sucked,  Tony proceeded with the idea; the next night he planned for a party with Pepper as the official coordinator, her only directions from Tony were "remember booze".

At first Bucky and Steve weren't sure that they should even go, considering that Elenora wasn't going to homecoming and that she might not be up to it. Well, it was that and the fact that Tony wasn't known for throwing kid friendly party. But they decided it be a good idea when Elenora heard that Parker was going with Aunt May by request of Tony, Bucky and Steve decided that it wouldn't be half bad.

Getting Elenora to dress up wasn't the easiest thing; she was kinda in a laid back mood and she'd never gone anywhere fancy with her dads, so she was at sure what to wear.

Natasha texted that she should for sure where that gray dress the two of them bought together, and Elenora agreed; it wasn't that uncomfortable.

She hoped it was appropriate for the occasion, and though Natasha assured her it was, she still was hesitant to join Bucky and Steve in the kitchen. When she knew she couldn't postpone any longer, Elenora took one last look in the mirror, readjusted her dress, and left the room.

Bucky was leaning his side on the counter, carrying out a conversation with Steve who was by the sink. The two bantered a bit as Elenora tucked her hair behind her ear, swallowing nervously.

Finally, the two noticed another prescense in the room, breaking into grins. Bucky was the first to talk. "Well, someone's looking fancy, Doll," he teased, straightening up and sending her a smirk.

Steve followed up with another compliment, "Sweetheart, you look wonderful."  Bucky grabbed something from the closet that she recognized as her coat.

Instead of responding Elenora sort of just smiled at the floor sheepishly, as Bucky brought her a jacket. Like a real gentleman, he insisted on helping her put it on.

"What kind of man would I be if I didn't?" Bucky asked, earning smiles from both Elenora and Steve.

Then the three of them piled into the car, making their way to a party that would, unbeknownst to them, turn into a huge mess.

Elenora revived a text from Parker before they got there.

You coming??? Aunt May keeps asking me about you. And where Captain America is. The suspense is killing me.

Suspense wasn't the only dangerous thing that night.