Chapter 4

Deva's POV

I lean over the lycan as he slept. His jaw was rough with a shadow of a beard, but it is squared and strong. His nose... well how does one simply explains it? Its not too big, not too long, but its not short or cute. Its a handsome nose? I don't even know; he has dimples and he isn't even smiling. His lips were plump but no where famine like my own. They too were simply like his nose, I simply can't explain him. Except he is handsome- very much so that it makes me a little nervous like I am with the Gods and Goddesses. He's tall and built like a magnificent tree. A mere flash of wanting to climb him like one went through my head and I flushed in embarrassment at my sudden dirty thought. Its been a very long time since I've been attracted to anyone like that for a while. Sure I was attracted to Ares and Apollo but not the way I was feeling towards this man- lycan. It doesn't help that he is shirtless, his chest wide and dusted with dark hair. His stomach defined my muscle. I unconsciously started to reach out to touch his firm chest, I stop my fingers almost caressing his skin. I bite down on my lip and look back up at his sleeping face again. Hesitantly I brush a finger against his skin, barely as if like a feather tickling your skin. His skin jumps beneath my finger tips and I quickly look towards his face but he was still sleeping peacefully. I look back down his chest and gently rub his chest, enjoying the warmth and smoothness of his flesh. He skin was tanned by the sun and it glistened in the sunlight as it slowly began to dry. My hair was still soaking, but my clothes were only damp. The storm had passed nearly an hour ago and the sun just started to greet us about twenty minutes ago. Suddenly a light vibration over took his chest and I looked once more towards his face. He was still sleeping, I leant down and gently press my ear against his chest. Hearing the rumble of his light happy growling. My head shoot up in surprise and a smile spreads across my face at the small power I had over his body. I continue to pet and caress him above the waist. His hair was actually softer than mine and I loved tangling my fingers into his hair. It wasn't too long and it wasn't to short. Just to the nape of his neck and shaggy, a dark warm brown color, his eyes were brown also but close to a burning wood color that had my insides warming.

"You know you shouldn't take advantage of a guy who's sleeping and can't enjoy it to its fullest." Loki comments carry some dead wood that was dry enough to make a fire. The sun was soon setting hind us.

I jump in surprise and I feel my cheeks warm with heat. I scooted away from the sleeping man, tangling my fingers in shame. I wasn't quite able to meet his eyes.

"He still sleeps." I state stupidly, barely glancing at him though I Celt his eyes boring into my skin.

"Yes, must of got his head harder than I thought. But hey he'll be fine." He says sounding bored.

"I'm surprised you staid this long. You usually run off by now with your latest trick up your sleeve." I comment softly, bringing my knees up to my chest. Setting my chin on top of them as I watched the sun disappear into the horizon.

" Well you'll need me when the lycan wakes. Been a while since I've been around his kind. We won't know how he'll react to us." He explains, my eyes shoot towards him in surprise at how mature he sounded. He maybe millenniums old but he never did act his age.

"... alright." I mummer, bringing my hair over my shoulder. Starting to brush my fingers through it before slowly twining it into a braid.

"You like this... lycan don't you Deva." Loki questions coming to sit by me once he has the fire going.

"I don't know... but he is very handsome- warm to the touch." I mummer glancing back over at the sleeping lycan.

"Yah, I know that look though. Nothing good comes from that look except for sex. The rest is utter bull shit." Loki rants standing up to brush off the dirt off the back of his dark green leathered slacks. Roughly pushing back his raven black hair from his pale face. His icey  blue eyes flashing with certainly.

"Don't be ridiculous, I am a nymph, we don't fall in love- lust though. Well that's a different story. Why do you think you gods chase after so much?" I tease lightly but I had to force out a laugh.

Loki snorts before vanishing in front of my eyes. Ha, so much for sticking with me for when the lycan came too. I grimace and look back over towards him to see the he moved just a little bit towards the warmth of the fire. A small smile graces my loops as I scooted towards him and the fire both. I may not always approve of burning wood but the fire is a necessarily for even my survival.

A groan pulls me out of my thoughts. I see the man bring his hands up to his eyes as he tiredly wipes his face. He sits up holding his head. Cursing under his breath as he felt the tender flesh beneath his fingers at the back of his head.

"Are you alright?" I ask timidly, scooting away from him.

He growls lowly and a jolt of ice shoots down my spine and I shiver. I tuck a loose strand behind my ear looking away from his bear flesh.

"Fine... what the hell were you thinking running into me like that. You could of killed somebody or yourself." He growls turning to face me and I was once again struck by the warmth of his eyes as they gave me a quick once over before meeting my eyes once again.

"... I just needed to get away." I whisper looking away from his eyes to stare into the fire. At least looking at real flames didn't make me feel as though I was being caressed.

He sits up and nods his head with an unimpressed grunt. He rolls his shoulders lifting his shoulders over his head stretching out his shoulders and arms. Then he stands turning to look up at the sky. The moon was already so high up into the dark night sky. Stars caressing the blank sky as if an old lover. He takes in a deep breath through his nose before letting it out through his mouth.

"It still lingers in the air, like poison in the blood stream." He says quietly as if speaking to the wind.

"What? What lingers?" I ask curiously standing up myself raking my own swift of my surrounding only coming to the scent of the environment around me.

"The magic." He says through gritted teeth.

I stiffen and look towards him. I didn't realise that magic had scent to it.

"Then you must be smelling me, magic run through my blood." I say, but one look from him has me unsure of my own words.

"Its not you, you are smothered with the lands natural scent, laced with lily and a small douse of bittersweet magic. But this scent is strong, over powering the nature around it. Too powerful for any witch I've ever come across." the lycan explains his brow furrowing in thought.

"... that would be Loki... the trickster god." I admit batting my bottom lip nervously.

He turn toward me so fast I was shocked into taking a few steps back. His eyes flash in the moon light and he slowly started to move toward me. I continue to back away from him until my back came in contract with one of my trees. He gets close enough to rustle my hair with his breath. It fanned my skin and the scent that came with it was of deer and oddly oranges. He draw his face closer and closer to mine and I was almost to the point of believing that he was going to kiss me when his attention shifted to my neck and he took in one deep breath. I shiver at the attention that was being deposited towards it. His nose runs lightly along my collarbone. Then as sudden as his attack was his departure.

"One should not involve itself with an entity born for chaos." He states turning away from me, racing into the cover of the woods till my trees told me of his return to the humans camp.

I shake lightly as I collapse to my knees grasping my chest as my heart pounded loudly.

What an odd thing to say to an entity of nature. Aren't all things dangerous when not understood?