Chapter 10

Deva’s P.O.V.

My head is swimming, but luckily my body and lungs don’t feel like they're killing me. I don’t know where I’m at but at the moment I can’t remember why I was worried. I am just floating and it feels amazing. But I’m starting to hear the voices around me. Some hushed, others sounded as if they were yelling to be heard. My peace being torn away from me when I suddenly felt my weight return to me. My eyes flutter open and I meet the cool green gaze of Loki. He carries me out of the wide lake. Laying me out on the ground to be surrounded by my numph family.  Soon enough my mothers face comes into view. Her gaze is soft and caring, just as I rember it. She sits down on her knees beside me and carresses my face. She leans forward and presses a kiss to my brow.

“The Lycan?” Loki asks stepping up beside her.

“... Contained, he understands that for now that Deva needs distance.” She answers smiling assuringly down at me.

But the haze from the lake still heavily influenced my mood, and I didn’t know how I should be feeling.

“Are you sure; he knows that you are taking her away from here- away from him?” He asks.

My mothers calm facade falters a second before smoothing out once more.

“He’ll know soon enough. Besides, Deva never wants to fall in love. So who am I but a mother and make that wish come true?” My mother informs, standing up.

“Because it’s too late for that- and you know it. You are sentencing these tow to a millennia along. You do realize this?!” Loki argues stepping forward and getting up in my mothers face.

“... You do not scare me Norse God. If you were to harm me, your pantheon would be the one to suffer the consequences from my many God lovers. All from the Greek pantheon. And I’m sure you don’t want to get on Thor’s bad side.... again.” She warns, sounding bored even though it was her who was threatening.  

I giggle at the warm feeling that was overwhelming my body. Loki turns my way and I saw the guilt that shown in his eyes.  He turns away and focuses on my mother, his eyes hardening and become so cold that a chill filled the air.

“Understand this Prim, you go against me again with anything else our Pantheons will go to war and the first thing to go will be your forests and woods. Even if it would Deva, it would be better than an eternity alone.” Loi threatens before disappearing in a puff of green smoke.

My mother squares her shoulders and looks down at me. I could see in her eyes that what Loki said truly got to her. Now she knew that she fears the Norse God that most didn’t take seriously because of his talents. She points out Drogen and Astrid and told them to start preparing me for the travel. She leaves the room with her two young servants Gewurztraminer and Chardonnay. Gifts from my father Dionysus, the only gift he gave me was allowing me the gift to make good wine. I’ve never met him, only ever hear his voice when He felt the need to give me guidance, which wasn’t very often.