Chapter 9

Deva’s P.O.V.

Something doesn’t feel right, I don’t know what it is but everything around me seems to becoming duller- lifeless. Even myself, my hair had become rough and itchy against my dried flesh. My skin ashen, my eyes seem to have sunk a bit into my head. When I would travel a small distance I would become too exhausted to stand. So I’m left lying where I once stood. I’ve been avoiding Danerus, I don’t want him to see me this way. So with what little strength I’ve had I’ve been using to mask my scent. I’m currently leaning against a tree that has gone silent to my senses. I rest my cheek against the bark of the tree, closing my eyes to the bright light of the sun. Taking in shallow breaths, for my lungs pained me to breath.

“Oh little nymph.” Came a soft sad voice, but unmistakably it belongs to Loki.

“Go away!” I say weakly, trying to get myself only to collapse back against the tree.

“Can’t do that little nymph, you should see the state you left your lycan in, quite annoyed he is. It’s quite funny actually if I didn’t know you weren’t faring well and fortunately for you I know how to save you. So for once dear ol me gets to be the hero. Thor must be getting a real kick out of this.” He rambles picking me up off the ground and into his arms.

He hugs me against his chest and begins walking.

“Oh fun fact the others are here and they are taking you with them this time. The land here is nearly dead and if you don’t leave soon as will you be. And being that you are my friend I too must assist them in saving you- even if we have had a misunderstanding not too long ago. Like I could honestly hurt you- preposterous!” He informs me, sounding cheeky.

“... It’s my home.” I argue weekly.

“Yeah; well your home is killing you. Time to find a new home.” He informs me giving me a steely look.

“... Danerus?” I ask looking away from him, though I wasn’t quite sure what I am asking.

“Ah, your Lycan is a bit tied up at the second. It doesn't help it’s the full moon tonight. His wolf wants to mate you. And mating being a big deal among his kind they had to lock him up for his own good. Especially after what happened to his last wife.” He answers.

With what little strength I had saved I smacked his chest and he winces in surprise at my attack.

“Don’t talk about her that way.” I warn letting my hand fall back down to my body.

Loki’s eyes soften and he continues on in silence for a few minutes before he breaks it.

“... I knew you loved him, from the moment he stood up to you about almost harming the humans. He sparked the fire in your blood. And you- well you gave him back a heart.” He sasy looking everywhere but at me.