Epilogue

Deva’s P.O.V.

Humming lightly as I work on my garden, the sweet breeze of the spring season moving my hair. The sound of a screen door alerts me of someone approaching me so I turn and look up. Danerus is walking towards me holding two glasses of lemonade. I smile and brush my hands off on my gardening apron. I stand up and meet him halfway, accepting my glass. He leans down and kisses my brow. Grasping my hand in his, he leads me to the lawn chairs.

“Where’s Anthony?” I ask taking a sip of my drink.

“Finally got him down for a nap.” HE answers with a small yawn of his own.

“And Kieara?” I question with a small smirk.

Danerus scowls and takes a long pull of his own drink.

“Out with that boy again.” He growls and I smile.

“Conrad’s a good boy, he even came over here to meet you first before asking Kieara out on a date.” I remind him twining our fingers together, lifting our hands and kissing his knuckles.

“Don’t mean nothing, I don’t like the way he looks at her.” He argues childishly and I smile.

“What way? With utter devotion, adoration- love? All the looks we give one another?” I tease and with each word I press another kiss to his knuckles.

“They’re only 18.” He remarks and I laugh.

“I would of been married off by then if I wasn’t so stubborn in my ways.”I say with a small laugh.

“We didn’t get a married in the human standards until a good three decades.” He reminds me and my smile gets larger.

“I remember, but Kieara is more… loud about her emotions. Much like her father who convinced me that the risks were worth the rewards. I reply leaning over and giving him a chaste kiss.

He chuckles and grasps my face and gives me an even deeper loved filled kiss.

“I’m still not okay with this.” He relents and I giggle.

“That’s okay, we have years upon years for you to get used to it.” I  tease kissing him back before leaning back into my chair sipping my drink.

Danerus growls in comical frustration. I smile and look up to the skies sending my silent prayer of thanks for my love. Before taking another drink of my lemonade, what a beautiful day.

The End