t h i r t y - s i x t h ♂

Thursday, 09:19 AM.

Headache.

Waking up to headaches was completely a normal routine for me. It stormed against my head as soon as I fluttered my eye open. I forced myself to get up, but the throbbing pain worsened and I instinctively recoiled.

"Ugh... my head..." I groaned, clenching my teeth altogether. Checking around, I found myself sleeping on the cold floor instead of the bed. I must have accidentally fallen asleep while digging through the box, which was still there beside me. My hand was still holding onto the photo album, particularly about my former friends and I.

While so, I also noticed a blanket embraced around me, to which I didn't remember last night. Sigh... someone, either Mother, Lu or even Father, must have gotten in my room and saw me sleeping on the floor, with objects of my past surrounding me. Out of pity, they decided to cover me with it.

I feel so exasperated today... Despite the headaches I suffered, I tried my best to shrug it off. With little to no energy, I nonchalantly returned the album and the posters I had taken out into the box again, saving the DS for the last. Before I placed it back, I tried to turn the gadget on, but due to its low battery, it abruptly died.

Well, it's useless now... huh...? I sneered inwardly. It's not like I would play it anymore, though.

Pushing the box back into the closet and forcecully shutting its doors, I breathed heavily. I removed my hand from the handle as I stared hard at the floor, like in any minute, everything's going to collapse. The wavering pain inside my head still persisted, but my stomach felt so empty, devoid of anything. The only thing I could sense was its increase in acidity; a sign where I should have my breakfast as soon as possible.

Before I sprawled myself on the bed, I noticed something on the floor. It was the same Post-it note from yesterday, the one Sawyer had used to write his phone number. I thought I put it in the album... it must have slipped off the pages when I was tidying up my things.

I shouldn't be bothered about it, but... why... why was something urging me to call the number? I'm positive that this number isn't going to work, and if it does, I'm pretty sure he's not going to answer.

I slumped myself down on the chair, and placed the note on my table. I kept gazing down at Sawyer's faded handwriting, while I combatted with this one unknown force that had driven me to just call him.

That was when my stomach finally had enough of waiting. It growled, its loud sounds echoed across my room. Thankfully, there was no one around to listen, so it was only me that heard it all. I rolled my eye at my own hunger and quietly stood up. Maybe, I could use this as the time where I should buy some bread in Downtown.

It had been a while since I binged bread, and probably today, if my appetite was high enough, I could gobble up until ten loaves.

This is the way to cope with myself after all of that shit last night. After all, I shouldn't be torn down because of it.

Without much thought, I tucked the yellow piece of paper inside my drawer. I snatched my towel, before dismantling myself out of my clothes. I slowly entered the bathroom but before that, I made sure that my bedroom door was firmly shut, making sure that no one will enter. I stepped onto the shower and turned on the warm water to cleanse myself.

In the midst of scrubbing my hair, my mind quickly shifted to Rena, the girl who had always driven me crazy for months. Rubbing my hand against my cheek, I remembered clearly the spot where she had kissed me exactly days ago.

Yesterday, Rena and I only exchanged conversations through texts, finding out that she was hanging out with Alyssa and her other friends the whole day. I also had checked Facebook, and indeed, her best friend had posted a picture of them eating ice cream. Seeing her having ice cream remembered me of the day she brought popsicles, and my recent breakdown.