f o r t y - s e c o n d ♂️

Nothing.

All I wanted to do right now was doing absolutely nothing and just lie on the bed. Some people might find it boring to be inside their room the whole day, but I found it relaxing and soothing for the mind. It was beneficial for those who had been exposed to a lot of unwanted things, and simply wanted a break like I do.

Despite the fact that I didn't need to do anything, I should still keep myself from falling into a trance. I knew that once I let my guard down, I would begin to see things that shouldn't be there, and if I didn't snap out of it, they will get worse by every minute. Those kids I saw had even tried to ambush me. I knew they weren't real, but they triggered me nonetheless.

Sure, I could stay at home for as long as I wanted, but I still have to make myself occupied.

Sighing faintly, I rolled over to the side and took my phone, going to Facebook as usual to look at any new posts. Asher was with his girlfriend as usual, whose name was Rosalie. After days of inactivity, Seb was back on track, where new designs were revealed. There was another photo of him, and most of the comments were his fans swooning on his smile and basically, how he looked.

Ugh... Seb and his ego... I rolled my eye and proceeded to go to the next post, where a picture of Rena suddenly popped up next. I held my breath, staring at the photo with such disbelief, but the account that posted such picture quickly convinced me that it was... really her.

Serenity Wilton
Bought the flower hairclip off a store ❤️❤️ Thought it looked good on me hehe XD

Rena was smiling widely, close to the camera, which made my heart race and my stomach flutter simultaneously. Her big, bright blue eyes worsen it for me, and before I knew it, I was completely entranced by her. My thumb rapidly punched on the like button.

She was still wearing the same pink boater hat from yesterday. The blue flower clip was on the left side of her head, pinning most of her bangs. Since it was a selfie, I couldn't really take a good look on her clothes, but I didn't care.

She's so pretty... but I don't deserve her... ...and to this day, I still wonder what she actually likes about me... I clenched my phone altogether.

"...And I still think you're cute."

Rena's words always made me question myself. How the fuck am I cute? I looked so far from cute... I can't even smile and laugh properly. There were much hotter guys out there who would do better for her, but Rena would always choose me over them.

I scrolled through the comments, reading each and every of them.

Alyssa Farthings
YASSS YOU SLAY QUEEN ❤️❤️❤️ THATS MY BABY GURLLL

Naomi Walker
Omg you look so gorgeous & cute <3

Samantha Natalia
Ur a boy magnet gurl... 😂😂😂

When I came across Seb's comment that seemed recent, I felt the tiny muscle inside my eye twitching. My heart hardened, and every corner of my skin was gradually consumed by flames.

Sebastian Allington
My eyes are blessed seeing this :)

What do you mean by your eyes are blessed? I narrowed my eye. He must have been so besotted by her that it turned me off. I rolled my eye again, and thinking about it again just made me nauseated.

Get back to work you pervert. I was tempted to call him off in the comments, but I prevented the decision from being performed by zipping my mouth shut. What the hell am I doing... I shouldn't be jealous over this...