"Why do you want to quit Sa'adatu?" Maryam questioned, her demeanor contorted in worry. She silently hoped she would be able to convince her otherwise.

"I really don't want to go, you two are good people and treat me like family, but I have to, because my son recently got an average paying job and he is insisting I quit working here given my age." she narrated with her head hung low.

"I understand." She heaved a sigh. "But Manal will miss you terribly." Maryam stated, knowingly - she would also miss her a lot - she knew. It was already happening.

"I will miss my little girl a lot too," she replied wiping a lone tear from her cheek.

Indisputably, she didn't want to leave, but she had to - her facial expression conveyed the unspoken words. Maryam's gaze darted to Sa'eed - He was seated across on the couch them and given how concentrated he was, only meant, he had been listening to their conversation intently. He brought out some money from his wallet and handed it over to her to pass to Sa'adatu.

"Thank you for your services over the years, we really appreciate," he smiled.

Sa'adatu had been working with them for almost six years and had not given them a reason to complain about her, even for once. She was very dedicated to her job and agile. She was very brisk in whatever she did - that was one of the reasons they both respected her a lot.

"Working for such nice people is a pleasure and privilege to me." she smiled, standing up to leave.

Maryam gave her a hug. "I think it'd be better if you leave before Manal returns. She will try to stop you with her tears."

"Exactly what I thought." She replied and turned to leave. She spun around one last time and waved at them, before walking out of the house and their lives permanently.

Maryam's gaze darted to Sa'eed. By the look on his face, she knew he wanted to say something - something she wasn't going to like and her hunch was confirmed when he spoke.

"Now that she's gone, will you consider resigning now?" He was still very persistent about that particular matter, but she wasn't going to give in that easily. They had to be fudge the situation. Sighing exasperatedly, she shook her head."I can't habibi. You know that."

"Who is going to get her ready for school everyday and prepare her breakfast?" He inquired, his demeanor contorted in seriousness.

"I will manage." She replied. "And you're here to help me right?"

"Of course, but what happens when I leave for work very early and you aren't at home or you left for work early too?" he asked, trying to reason with her.

She knew he had a point, but she wasn't ready to comply to his wish. "I think we need to get a new maid." she suggested.

"Where are you going to find one?" He asked.

"I will look and ask around and hire anyone willing to take up the job." she shrugged. "I mean, there are many people out there who will be willing to work for us."

Sa'eed was about to reply, when he heard his phone vibrating with an incoming call. He was about to receive when it stopped ringing. He called back and apologized for not picking up earlier. They talked for some minutes before the call finally ended. "It was mum." He informed, returning his phone in his pant pocket.