Arial (The Little Mermaid)

-This is not a genderbent! I would also like to say I have not done a female character before so this is new to me I hope you enjoy it.-

I walked down the beach listening to water slowly lap against the shore. I looked across the ocean to the sun setting painting the sky with purples, pinks, and orange. I grabbed my camera from around my neck and began to take photos of the view.

After taking a couple photos I noticed a rocky area on the beach and began to walk towards it in hopes of finding some crabs or fish in the shallows I could get photos of.

While I got closer to the rocks I began to hear a sweet voice.

"Flounder there are no humans here its late and this part of the beach is very isolated," stated the voice.

The voice sounded feminine. What does she mean by humans are gone? Isn't she human I mean there is no animal that can talk like that. Well unless it was a parrot, but I don't think a parrot could do that good of an impression.

Well curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back, so I continued to walk to where the voice came from.

"Scuttle should be here by now," I turned to see that just behind the rock there slightly emerged in the water was a girl with deep red hair.

She was fairly pale, I guess her red hair did not help that at all. Her top was a light purple shells, I could not see her bottoms due to the angle I was at.

"Um hi, I thought I was the only one who knew about this place," I stated with a blush blooming on my face. I always seem to do that when I'm around attractive people no matter the gender, it was quite embarrassing.

She turned to me so fast I was afraid she would have whiplash. Man I was right about her being attractive, her eyes were bluer than the sky after a thunder storm and lips as red as her hair.

She seemed very shocked to see me, before I could asked her anything else she began to swim away.

"Wait! I'm sorry if I scarred you trust me I really did not mean to!" I yelled out to her. She was already past all the rocks and going out to the ocean.

That seemed to stop her, she slowly turned to me and began to swim slowly over to me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

I gave her a small smile,

"I could ask you the same thing".

She smiled back at me while placing her arms on the rock I now was sitting on.

"I was waiting for a friend to tell me what this is," she stated while holding up a pocket watch.

I looked at her in confusion.

"You don't know what a pocket watch is?" I asked.

She gave me a shy smile,

"What is a pocket watch?" she asked innocently.

"You don't know what a pocket watch is? What have you been living under a rock," I asked with a small laugh.

"More like under the sea," she stated, while pulling herself up onto the rock.

Then I saw she din't have swim suit bottoms, but instead a green tail! I stared at it in shock, I mean I always was told mermaids were a myth!

She then began to laugh.

"You look like Sebastian when I told him I wanted to have legs!" she laughed out.

I then began to laugh with her.

"I thought mermaids only existed in fairytales!" I exclaimed.

We then laughed together for who knows how long. After we got over our fits of laughter I decided it was time for introductions.

"My name is (Y/N), (Y/F/N). It is nice to meet you," I stated, while holding out my hand for her to shake it.

She gave my hand an odd look, I then realized she probably does not know what to do.

"Its called a handshake, people do it when they meet people for the first time, I don't know why so don't ask me," I said.

She slowly grabbed my hand and began to shake it.

"Well it is nice to meet you (Y/N), I'm Arial," she said with a smile. "What is that around your neck?" she added.

I looked down at my camera to see some drops of water on the lends. I held it up for her to see it.

"Its called a camera it kinds of takes a quick painting of a place once I hit this button," I stated while pointing to the button.

That seem to make sense to her because she nodded her head in understanding. Her eyes then widened in excitement.

"Can you please teach me about the human world?" she asked.

I shrugged, "Sure, sounds like fun".

She then gave a huge hug muttering "thank you's".

I was finally able to pull Arial off me after a couple minutes.

"Arial I can tell you this will be a beautiful relationship," I stated a matter of factly.

"I agree full heartily (Y/N)," she smiled.

That was about four years ago and now Arial and I have been on many adventures. From swimming with dolphins to exploring the reefs. I also have taught her all about the human world and she has taught me a couple things about her world.

She has become so much more than a friend to me and she will agree with me when I say we both love each other so much. I'm so grateful to have found her and she found me. I can't wait for our next adventure with each other.

"(Y/N) let's go explore a ship wreck!" shouted Arial from the shore.

Guess I won't have to wait that long.

"Coming!"

~And here is Arial! I was a little worried with this once sense I have not done a romantic female request yet, but I think I did a nice job for the first time. Yes, I will admit I need to get more comfortable with writing it in a romantic way, so I try to work on that. Overall though I believe I did a nice job. Anyways hope you enjoyed, as always please comment, follow, vote, and request!~