"Well." I thought, staring at the array of food. I looked at him with a smile. "Pizza and fries." He laughed at me smiling menacingly. 

"Okay." He shrugged and ordered for us. We were greeted with fresh, hot food. "Thank you." He nodded at the woman behind counter who blushed. 

"Ooh, Matty." He swiped his badge and we sat down at a table he chose. "What was that? I think you have an admirer." He rolled his eyes at me and dug into his food. 

"No, single life is nice." Shaking my head, I brought my legs up into the chair and sat like a kid. I listened to him tell me about what he does here, how his days are spent, and how he was happy to have a meal together for once. "You want my fries?" He asked, offering me his. 

"They're yours." He shook his head.

"You aren't eating anything but the fries. Maybe a bite or two of the pizza." Sighing I slid the pizza to him, he slid his fries to me and we smiled at each other. "Thought so, your cooking is very missed. You should bring me food more often, I can see you more that way." He was missing me, I knew it. 

"Okay, Mr.I-hate-your-food." He stood up, wiping his hands.

"I'm getting drinks, and more food. I'll be back." He kissed my head and walked away. I leaned back with my legs in the seat, then looked out the window. People were sitting in something similar to a courtyard. I got lost in my thoughts, jumping when someone spoke to my right.

"Sorry." It was Mr.Reed, he smiled at me gently. "I just wanted to say I'm glad you kept your cool, Charlie. I'm proud of you." He kissed my head gently. He bent down and held onto my chair as he spoke. "Thank you for kicking those boys butts. Violet said she was scared, and the boys tried to hurt Lucas and herself. She told me you protected them both, and Kaine." He brushed the hair from my face.

"I don't remember." He laughed gently. 

"Make sure you see a doctor, for me." He inspected my lip. Andrew got me good. 

"I'll see a doctor, I promise. I'll go Monday." He nodded and hugged me. He acted like a stable father since I can remember. 

"Good girl." He kissed me again before standing up all the way. Matthew sat down, setting a drink in front of me. 

"Mr.Reed." He nodded once, Mr.Reed nodded at Matty.