Chapter 23

Beca's P.O.V.

Everything goes by in a blur. Water rushes passed me as I swim as fast as I possibly can. I don't stop to look back, afraid that the boat will be right on my tail.

Literally.

"Beca, I think we lost it. Slow down," A voice calls from behind me. I turn to see Charity out of breath, her goldfish eyes almost bulging out of her head as she tries to catch her breath.

Luckily, the boat is nowhere in sight, but there's something else missing from the picture. "Where's Pepper?" I say, looking throughout the blue for her gray figure.

"She's still swimming." Charity answers, squinting to try and see Pepper in the distance. "What's that?"

I look in the direction she's looking, seeing a purple speck in the distance. It bobs up and down like a bouncing ball. I then notice a gray figure swimming right towards us, no sign of stopping. "Pepper, slow down!" I scream, trying to move away from her as she swims in a fury towards us.

"Sarah!!" Pepper says, her eyes filled with worry as she comes to a skidding stop beside me and Charity.

Charity states in confusion, "What? What are you talking about?"

"No, no!! She's over there!" She says frantically, pointing at the purple, bobbing figure in distance.

Thats when I notice that that figure as arms, and replacing legs are numerous tentacles covered by an iridescent, purple umbrella like skirt.

Oh, no.