Chapter 14

Pepper's P.O.V.

"It's your turn." The man comes back, grabbing a gun on the table. "If you even think about biting me, I'll kill you. Got that?" He barks, pointing the gun in my direction.

I don't do anything. Just sit there and stare at the wall.

He takes this as his shot, bending over to grab at me. "Wow, your heavier." He mumbles, grunting. "Shark DNA, I guess." I stay there limp, not really hearing what he's saying and not really wanting to.

I wish this was just a nightmare. I'll wake up and be in my room. Mom will be fixing some pancakes. Dad will be on the computer, working on a story. Harry will be texting me his morning kisses, asking if I want to meet up later. I just want my life back.

Before I know it, I'm being dropped into a huge tank. Once the water hits my body it instantly feels better.

"Pepper!" I look through the foggy water to see a blue blob. Beca. "Don't worry, It'll clear up soon." She said, bubbles escaping her mouth and floating to the surface. If I was anywhere else or anything else, I would have been amazed that Beca and I could breathe underwater, now it's just another thing reminding me that I'm not even human.

I just nod, looking around. The tank is glass, but there are so many layers I feel like if you tried to break it, you'd break every bone in your body instead.

I see an orange blob, guessing that it's the mermaid we saw earlier. There's not much of anything else, just a glass tank full of three mermaids.

And I'm one of them.