Chapter 5

Beca's P.O.V.

"Ya'll are gonna have some extra passengers if that's al'ight with ya." Bob says, walking into what I am guessing is supposed to be the waiting room, although there aren't any chairs.

Frank shrugs, seeming to be the only one who doesn't find this whole ordeal horrifying.

A boy and a girl follow after Bob, both looking a bit weirded out by what's happening. They look like a couple since they are both holding hands, the girl holding his so tight that his hands are discolored. He is super cute if I say do so myself, with his sideswept brown hair, dreamy brown eyes, and sun tanned skin. The girl is very pretty too, although her glittery yellow sundress is just a bit too much for a boat ride. Her short blonde hair is in a high pony tail and her blue-green eyes search the room frantically, as if she is trying to find a weapon to use of Bob Buck attacks her. I already looked, there are none.

I smile once she catches my eye, trying to be polite. She looks, but doesn't smile, her eyes switching to each one of us. I forget about her and then smile at the boy, who smiles back in return and nods.

"Kay, ya'll. Come with me." Bob walks back out the door. He leads us to a pier. A small white boat sits in the water. It would look nice if the thing wasn't covered in a pound of rust and the seats look like the rodents and roaches are eating them inside out. "This is Jessie. She'll be yer ride today." Frank and the cute boy nod, seeming to like the choice, while me, Tiana, Joshua, and the scared girl stare in shock.

"Does it even run right?" Joshua questions. Finally speaking up.

Bob laughs and nods, "Course. Me and Auto, over there just got on 'er yesterday." He points to a huge yellow lab laying in the tall grass. It looks odd sitting there with it's silky coat. It's the only clean thing here. "Auto, come 'ere!" Bobs yells. Auto's ears perk up and he walks over, looking much more like a lion than a dog. "He's gonna come with us if that's al'ight with ya'll." Bob says, pulling at a rope and dragging the floating boat closer. Once he has it close enough for each of us to step on he says, "Everybody on."

Each of us climb on and stand on the dirty floor, the waves making the boat shift from beneath us.

"We're startin' 'er up!" Bob smiles, starting the boat. The engine rattles a bit before making a nice humming noise. "See, Jessie here got a nice rumble to 'er." He goes to the wheel and starts driving away.

After about two minutes of being driven around, the girl in the yellow sundress yells over the sound of the running motor, "How long are we going to be out here?!" Bob doesn't answer, not hearing what she said. "How long-"

Her boyfriend wraps his hands around her small waist, "Stop freaking out, Pepper. It's going to be fine."

"I think your forgetting that I was planning on going on a ship. Not a old boat with a old man driving. He might not even have a boating license!" She says in frustration.

"I'm sorry-" The boy starts, but she walks away before she can say anything else.

She walks to the side of the small boat and puts her hands on the edge, watching the water as the waves crash against the boat. I walk towards her after looking at my friends, who are also bickering. "Hello," I say as I lean on the side of the boat, looking out to the ocean.

She looks at me, and then looks back at the ocean, "Hi,"

"What's your-" I start, but before I can finish a huge wave hits the side of the boat.

I watch her face go white as we both jolt forward, "Ahhh!!!" We both scream as we go flying into the foaming sea.