Chapter 1

Beca's P.O.V.

"Guys, what are we even doing here?" I ask, slightly anxious as I look at my four friends for an answer. We are walking down the crowded streets of Miami, Flordia, nothing in mind other than escaping our hometown before heading off to college.

My friend, Joshua laughs, "Come on, Beca. Don't be such a sissy.  Look around, this is awesome." Although I wouldn't dare let him know it, he does have a point. It is awesome down here. You can see a bit of water from where we are standing and it is literally breath taking. "We aren't even that close to the beach and it already looks like paradise!" He says, his hands flying wildly.

I laugh, "But we didn't even make plans,''

"Were so cool we don't need to make plans, bro. Haven't you figured that out?" My other friend, Tiana, says. She wraps her arm around me and pulls at my long hair. She kind of reminds me of my Dad when she does that.

"Actually, I kind of made plans." We all look at the last of us, Frank as he pushes his glasses from the bridge of his nose. He holds up his phone, showing a list of things to do.

I smile, happy that someone actually followed some traveling rules, "Hooray! Someone who makes sense around here," I laugh and hug Frank, adding to the saracsm.

Tiana playfully punches Frank and I in the shoulders, "You guys are party poopers! This was supposed to be a unplanned trip." She frowns, although I know she's just playing around. Of course she would have known Frank planned something. It's a part of his nature.

"Sorry, Tiana. I couldn't help it," Frank chuckles, shrugging.

I laugh along with them, "So, what's planned for us today, Franky."

"Don't call me Franky," He says with a playful death stare. "And we are supposed to be getting on a farry in about four hours. I thought it would be nice to be on the water on our first day here."

Our small group stops, reaching the hotel we are staying at for the week. We get two rooms, one for the boys and one for the girls. After unpacking, we all walk down to the beach, relishing in the beauty of it.

"This is awesome!" Joshua says, nealing down to feel the soft, white, sand.

"Yasss! Whose up for a swim?" Tiana pulls off her tank top to reveal a bikini, slipping it on at the hotel.

I do the same. "Me!"

"Oh, I didn't know we were supposed to put on bathing suits." Joshua says, who is still wearing his outfit from earlier. "But, whatever." He starts to run into the water, pulling off his t-shirt and jeans along the way, leaving only his underwear. "Woohoo!" He dives into the water, bystanders and swimmers staring at him in shock all around.

We all follow him, laughing along the way. As I go into the water, I feel a sense of releaf. It's so beautiful and calming.

I could get use to this. I think as allow myself to float on the calm waves.