|Chapter 13 | The aftermath.

The bar fell silent.

My slap ringed through the pub, and was hanging in the soundless air. The fox monster moved back, and furrowed his brows in pain at the stinging in his cheek. His fur turned slightly red, for the skin underneath was rushing with blood. He looked upon me, with fury in his eyes. From before, it was lust, but now,

it was bloodlust.

He growled at me, hatred for my slap. He thought he could get me with him and fulfill all his dirty desires. Yet I was defiant and strong willed, and I refused. The willpower and my aspiration for this bar seemed to have fueled me, and made me stand my ground, and of course, in the most possible business-y way I could.

I didn't see what Grillby did, but the effect was livid. The fox's friends left, with scowls upon us, and they actually 'swore to Asgore,' who I don't know who they are, but the fox monster drew an invisible line upon his neck, a motion for murdering. When the chime of the bell signaled their exit, and they were out of sight in the window, the customers started speaking, whispering, and shouting.

I heard the shouting ones, the ones of:

"Are you okay Y/N?!" A monster from my left salvoed. 

"What happened?!" Another monster in front of me exclaimed in confusion.

"Did he just threaten her?!" A monster from my right shouted.

"Settle down! Settle down!" Grillby hushed the now growing crowd around the bar counter. "Don't bombard Y/N here with questions! One at a time!"

"Is she hurt?!" A monster blurted out.

"No no, she's not hurt, just-"

"Shocked." I interrupted Grillby.

"Y/N! Ia saaw ya beat hem up!... Yah auh a good ked!" A drunkard slurred from his barstool, which started even more commotion from his comment. Grillby settled them down again, and frankly, I was surprised he didn't shout at them. Before any rumors spread, I explained what happened.

"The fox monster who threatened me, tried to... seduce me, with pick-up-lines and comments. He then tried to kiss me, which he succeeded, but he tried to do it again, I think, and I then slapped him." I got some surprised looks from customers, and also respected ones too. It was a mixed sea of different faces, but all of them have taken in what truly happened, yet no one left. They instead gave me thumbs up, and tried to comfort me, and it all came so suddenly, I just had to back away from all the attention.

I looked to Grillby for support, but he gestured a no, that this was fine, and I rolled my eyes at him. If this were to happen to him, the sudden stress would get to him and he would shout with the possible hysteria he has. I took it all in, and gave out a wide-eyed look. Grillby then thought that I should probably leave from the scene, so he snatched my arm, and ran out to the back, where his home was.

He immediately shoved me into the living arrangement, and he closed the door on me in one swift movement. I tried opening the door, but the door handle was very hot to the touch, it surprised me to the point of tripping on a pillow and falling backwards onto the couch. I then heard the commotion going on the other side of the door, and then it settling down due to the familiar voice of Grillby. 

I sat correctly on the couch, when I realized that Grillby had essentially locked me in here like a timeout. I assumed the door leading outside was also hot to the touch, so I didn't make a move to go there. I waited for Grillby to keep on running the business, but he surprised me, by him returning not even five minutes later. He opened the door, to meet eye contact with me. He gestured for me to come with him, and he explained that he closed the bar early, due to the event of what happened to me. He told the customers that I needed time to recover, and since it was the weekend, it would give me more time to think about it, thus making an excuse to the customers. 

"But are you okay Y/N? I mean, I know you said you were to them, but, really, are you?" Grillby questioned me.

"Yeah. As I said before, I'm just... shocked." I crossed my arms and looked away from him and to the hardwood floor.

"Okay... If you say you are." He turned to do the dishes. I looked over to him, to see him playing with death, and I blocked him from doing anymore.

"Grillby what are you doing?!" I shrieked. He just blinked at me, and remarked.

"Just cleaning this place up." He spoke calmly, and that still didn't fly with me.

"Nuhuh! You go do something else!" I shoved him away, and I continued with the dirty dishes and used silverware. Grillby may have playfully glared at me, but I wouldn't have reacted to it. I just continued on with my job in defiance and also for the safety of Grillby.

Soon enough, I heard the familiar scrubbing sounds from a cloth of hot water. I looked over to Grillby, to see him wiping down the tables with his gloves, a typical thing we would do. I smiled at his obedience, if you were to phrase it like that, and I continued on with my scrubbing, but with more positivity put into it.

Soon enough, the bar was clean. I shut off the lights that hung from the walls, and Grillby checked the front door to see if it were locked. Afterwards we both went towards the back door, and went into our house. 

The light from Grillby was enough to guide me towards my couch. I settled myself onto the couch, and before I could cover myself with the warm, yet impractical blankets in this home, I was covered by Grillby, and tucked in like a father would to a child. In result of this, I pouted at Grillby.

"What? You don't like me tucking you in?" Grillby smiled with smugness. 

"If you are my business partner, then yeah. It makes it very strange." I retort.

"Hmm. Touché." He put his now gloveless hand to his chin. "As always Y/N, you are correct with all your quips."

"Thanks." I reply. I shift my body so I am in a comfortable position. "Well, good night Grillby!" 

"Wait, before you go to sleep, are you sure you're alright?" Grillby quickly questioned, but it fell on a sleepy form. So he didn't get an answer.

"*sigh* Well, hope you have sweet dreams." Grillby caressed my cheek, but of course I didn't feel it, but Grillby did. He then took off his dress clothes and changed into his sleepwear when he was inside his room. He made it towards his bed, and laid down on the fireproof bed. He laid there, staring at the lit ceiling, and thought about the events that happened that night. He noticed that the more he thought about what had happened, the more he realized that he was thinking about the well being of me. 

My possible trauma, my thoughts, my embarrassment..

Then he thought of me, but different than the previous fatherly mentality he had.

He shook his head in a comical way of shaking his thoughts away.

He then went slowly to sleep, his flames dimming as he was pulled closer and closer to dreamland, but little did he know, that it would go and turn a dark corner.