|Chapter 11| Morning.

Y/N's POV:

It was morning. How night and day works down here and weather, I may never know the answer to. But I do know that I smell the comforting smell of fire. This whole time, I had not realized that Grillby and Fuku Fire had not been emitting smoke. That would have been bad, for I may have gotten 2nd hand cancer and asthma. I'm glad for this magic that is in the underground, it actually helps.

But that's aside from the more important thing at hand.

I smell food.

I make a beeline towards the door to the actual bar, and opened the barrier that was separating me from the thing that I yearn the most for whenever I wake up...

"Breakfast." I speak with my voice sounding so broken and scratchy, that I surprised myself and the fireman who was at the oven.

"Woah! You sound terrible." He conversed with me, and I blinked longingly at him.

"Yeah." I croaked once more. "I smelled something delicious and I just had to look and see what it was." I moved over to one of the stools, and sat there. "What'cha making?"

"Oh just the usual pancakes." He spoke as he flipped one up so high, that it nearly touched the ceiling. That takes tremendous skill. A skill that I don't have. I gotta give him that. "Want syrup with that?" He asked as he slid a plate with two perfectly cooked pancakes on top.

"Sure!" Grillby slid the syrup towards me. "Also thank you."

"You're welcome." He went back to making more pancakes. I still stared at Grillby, as though I had been cut off politely. 

"I mean for everything." I corrected myself, and that made Grillby smile.

"You're welcome, as I said before. Even in my home." He smiled warmly at me, and taking the literal aspect out of it, I felt happy inside.

"Thanks." I smiled with humor.

"You're welcome." He returned the banter.

Before I could say another 'thanks,' I was interrupted by Fuku opening the door.

"Sup Dad! Did 'ya make the pancakes again?" She excitedly questioned, bouncing on her heels.

"Of course fuoco.~" He called her, and that made Fuku cross her arms in annoyance.

"Daaad! You know I don't like that nickname anymore!" I questioned the nickname. Surely that's another language? Possibly another monster language?

"Why not? It's what humans call 'Italian.'" Oh. It's Italian. Probably a word for fire. Grillby flipped another pancake into the air, and made it land back onto the griddle in the perfect pancake-shape.

"Humpth!" Fuku pouted. It slightly reminded of an anime I saw on an ad at the movies. Where a school girl would pout exactly like Fuku would, and show their expression using little particles. "Even Y/N's here! It's so embarrassing!" She hid her face in her green-flamed hands.

"That's why I did what I did." Grillby smirked at Fuku playfully.

"That's not very nice of you!" She whined.

"Hey! What did I say about whining?" Fuku turned solemn and dropped her head.

"It makes you sound immature." She glumly responded.

"Good." Grillby continued to flip the pancakes. "Here you go Fuku." He handed her a plate with pancakes and fruit. I started to question the logistics behind how they eat. But before I could really go into depth with my thinking, Fuku hugged me out of my thoughts and she grabbed her bags and left.

"Bye Y/N and Grillby! Tell me when you two will start dating!" Fuku waved at us and skidded away in her school uniform. The comment she said though, caught me off guard, as well as Grillby. What did she mean by that? Aside from the obvious. Does she ship us? What made her think we would even think about each other like that? 

Grillby sighed, gaining my attention away from the door. I looked to him, and saw him how he looked last night: annoyed and embarrassed.

"Don't mind her. She's just fooling with us." He shook his head to clear the thoughts, and continued with his pancakes, finally, for himself.

"What did she mean by that? Why did she think we would be a good couple? Why would she 'ship' us?" I rattled off all the questions that were in my mind, and that seemed to have annoyed Grillby.

"She means that she 'ships' us, like you said, and that she's immature for thinking that." He finished with his own pancakes, and set them on his plate. That reminded me that I had to do dishwashing. I got off my seat as I listened to Grillby talk. "She's only a fresh-mon. You know, when it's your first year of high school, for monsters." He looked towards where I previously sat, only to find me right beside him. He got slightly surprised by my slinkiness, and he continued to talk. "You may call it something different, but-"

"Freshmen." I interrupt, whilst scrubbing a plate.

"Oh, freshmen then. Well, as I was saying, before you rudely interrupted me." I snickered at his tone. I knew we weren't going to have business today, since we woke up later, and there's still no customers yet. If anything, we would be eating at 4:00 in the morning, and getting ready for the day, but the chairs are still on the tables, and we are eating at the bar, our breakfast. 

Very professional am I right?

"Fuku has this friend, where she's a purple monster who has curly hair. She has tentacles for hair, a gene that she got from her father, Pourple Octopie. She's more of a tomboy, and she likes to hang out with Fuku of course, and also these other friends that they have, which are all not really their friends though. See, how they met up, heh, a funny story actually. Do you mind me telling you it?" He asked me.

"No not at all." I replied, finishing all the plates, including Grillby's finished one.

"Okay, so, you know how we live in Snowdin? Well, she has to walk a long way..."

x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x

"And that's how they met!" Grillby concluded, with us now sitting next to each other on the couch.

"Wow. That's an interesting meet up." I comment, and turn on the TV. "Is there any good shows on?" I ask Grillby, when seeing a commercial for some really glittery-pink-kitchen tools. He raised an eyebrow at me, and looks back to the TV.

"Well, let's see! There's MTTTV, Mettaton's Cooking Show, Mettaton's Great Acts, and then there's... Well, Mettaton the Talk Show!" Grillby faked his enthusiasm, for what seems to be the same monster running every single channel.

"Hmm. Wow, so much variety and competition." I sardonically comment. "Though, it seems like MTTTV is a... news channel, correct?" 

"You're correct." He speaks, and I hand him the remote. "Hopefully there's something else fabulous~ going on besides overly sparkly and pink merchandise." I earned a chuckle from Grillby, 

"Yeah. Let's hope so." Grillby leaned back, and we both watched the TV.

" Grillby leaned back, and we both watched the TV