"Sorry?" I asked him, confused. What could she possibly have done now? 

"She's managed to upset neighboring packs at a stupid college party. She's sent seven kids of high ranking men to the ICU. She needs to learn discipline, Matthew. If not, I will take care of it. My night is now being spent doing damage control." He snapped at me. Charlie, seriously? Only seven this time?

"Sorry, sir. I'll speak with h-" He cut me off by grabbing me by the throat. I shut up immediately, watching his eyes change. 

"I expect her here tomorrow morning at ten. She is going to learn, Matthew. Her not knowing what's going on is creating more issues than I want to deal with. Kaine can't function anymore, he's recently told me information I highly disagree with. She's causing me more stress, and I do not want it. Handle it." He threw me on the ground before leaving with a slam of my door. The pictures on the wall crashed to the floor, the glass shattering all around. 

"Holy s***. She's going to get you killed." Sighing I started cleaning up the mess. 

"I know."

When I walked into our house, I was livid. Charlie is going to get me killed, she can deal with a hangover for a few hours. She needs to learn, d*** it. It was around seven in the morning when I made my way to her room. When I entered, all anger dissipated. She was fast asleep on her bed, curled in a ball, with my sweatshirt on. Her room was dark, that's unusual. I inspected her night light, it's off. She never turns it off. My heart rate picked up, has someone been sneaking into my house when she's alone. Anger filled my stomach, someone has been trying to-

"Matty, why are you home?" Her voice was groggy, but soft. Sighing, I went to her closet and picked out clothes. 

"Shower, get dressed, and eat. You need to go to a meeting with my boss. No arguments, Charlie. I'm close to getting terminated because of you." She sat up in pain. I turned the light on and that's when I saw the bruises and marks on her face and legs. She really did beat seven men, I suppose. They're wolves, so it makes sense she's more beaten than with just humans. Either way, it still makes me sad. I'm her brother, I'm never around her anymore. I miss her, but I just wish she'd mature a little. 

"Okay, give me a bit." She didn't argue and stood up slowly. She hates arguing with me. I could sense her emotions. She misses me, and I wish more than anything that it could be normal again. Alas, it can't. I had to grow up, so she needs to. I have to be more...more proactive in raising her. 

"You and I are also going to have a conversation about what's been going on for the last few months, Charlotte. I don't like the way you've been behaving, it needs to change. If consequences are needed, so be it." She stared at me, thinking.