Telling the Truth, pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Able swallowed. "I just...want it to be as special as you are to me."

"That's exactly what makes it special!" Lark chuckled and stepped closer so their noses were a breath apart. "The first time between new lovers is always special."

"Yeah, but..." Able looked down, mortified that his nerves were only getting worse. He couldn't even feel his mouth as he mumbled, "I-I don't know how to, uhm..."

"Abllle," Lark groaned but with good humor. "Stop trying to plan it out and just make love with me! This isn't checking steps off a list. This is about finally getting to do to me some of what you were so ashamed you were even imagining. I am right here, under your hands, with no where else I would rather be."

"Yes, that...really takes the pressure off." Able raised an eyebrow, which certainly had no effect at this distance.

"Neh." Lark shrugged then cocked his head to the side. "I'll just take my own advice?" And with a quick tug he had Able's shirt untucked from his trousers then slid his hands up under it.

Able's breath froze as the warm hands traced up his ribs. His heart hammered like it was trying to reach those splayed fingers that were separating his flesh from his cognition. In fact, he needed to feel Lark's eyelashes brushing his cheek to realize how close Lark had gotten.

"Just live in it," Lark whispered, hot breath tickling Able's ear, hands that seemed so large playing their way across his chest. His world shrank to the palms sliding down his belly and finding his belt buckle. Usually tiny sensations felt like earthquakes, so he almost failed to notice that Lark's face was no longer beside his, for he had dropped to a crouch.

"Oh god—" Able finally remembered to breathe. His pants loosened and folded down around his hips, every wrinkle crowding his senses. But the rush of air broke through his paralysis, and he reached out blindly and pulled Lark back up by a fistful of hair. "Please don't suck my cock!"

"What?" Lark's mouth hung agape somewhere amazement and amusement.

"I—" Able tore at his own hair now, while his senses came flooding back to match the pace of his heart rate and breathing. His senses came flooding back to match the pace of his thundering heart

He was in a small room, dimly lit by the winter gray window.

The air was chilly and quiet save for Lark's abashed laughter. He had stepped back and had his hands over his mouth.

"I'm sorry," Able said as his breath finally slowed. "I didn't mean...to...are you all right?"

"Yeah," Lark had yet to compose himself but still wheezed out, "are you?"

Able looked down at his exposed self and wished he had a hole to crawl into. He didn't have the wherewithal to pull his pants back up, let alone say anything. It was all too much.

"Well, one less thing to be afraid of." Lark backed into the wall and slid down it until he was sitting. "You cannot possibly screw that up more than I just did."

"S-so that's it, then?" Able's tired heart sank.

"I can still go for a run." Lark flipped some loose curls back. He seemed to have caught his breath. "Hell, there's a nice, cold lake nearby I can jump into."

"Then I should jump in too," Able mumbled numbly. "Because I do want to be with you. I do."

"I will not attempt to replicate how my heart is singing to hear that." Lark grinned and stretched contentedly. "But you're not ready."

"I-I want to be, though." Able finally pulled his pants back up so maybe he could stop trembling with humiliation. Would he ever be ready? Would he ever be anything?