07

"Father I already told you I am not going to marry Lan Shang." Shi stated firmly. The mermaid princess on his side. They were once all gathered in the throne room.

"And I already told you that I made my decision. Shi I've been patient with you. For years, I let you do what you want but it stops now." The king said.

Shi gritted his teeth, meeting his father's stubborn gaze. He was about to retort again when a soldier came in.

"What is it?" The king said in annoyance. He didn't want to be interrupted this has to be settled now.

"The crown prince of the fire tribe is here."

The leaders and the rulers of the ice tribe looked at each other in surprise.

"What is he doing in here?" Lotus asked.

"Let's find out," the king answered. "Let him in."

The soldier bowed, following his orders. Not long the fire prince entered the throne room along with some of his people. What got Shi's attention, though was the one covered in a white cloak. He frowned, feeling his heart beat in recognition and longing.

"What does the crown prince of fire tribe want with us?" the king asked directly. Shuo Gang smirked. "I'm here by the orders of my father. He wants to make peace with you and finally end the war between us."

"An alliance?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. Father realized that it's time to end our feud."

"I see. That's a big decision. Why don't you and your company stay here for a while?"

"If that's what you want." Shuo Gang said, bowing. The king nodded in recognition.

"Guards, show them their room."

Shi followed the figure with his eyes. He couldn't see who it was but his mind and heart was telling him that he does.

"Shi, we're not yet done talking about your engagement."

Yan Da's POV

I sighed in relief when the Ice king dismissed us. I really didn't want to stay in the same room as Ying Kong Shi. I can feel him following me with his gaze.

People say that even if the mind forgot, the heart and body wouldn't. Is that why he's looking at me right now? Does his heart recognize me? I clenched my fists, feeling my heart ache with longing. I missed him. I wanted to run into his arms and hug him tight. But I knew that I couldn't do that. He doesn't remember me. I erased his memories after all. After the passionate night that we shared together.

I was about to pass him by but his father's voice stopped me. "Shi, we're not done yet talking about your engagement." I stiffened at that. Engagement? To who? I looked up. It's not like he could see my face. A beautiful woman was beside him. Is it her?

Tears started to pool out my eyes.

Shi's POV

"Father no matter what you say. My answer is the same. I refuse." I stated, feeling the anger in my heart. I frowned. Why do I felt like snapping everyone's neck right now?

Tears. I could scent tears. I didn't like it. Something was clawing inside me.

General POV

The ice king could feel the anger bubbling within him. This son of his is really stubborn. He was about to stand up and reprimand him when he noticed the change. No, not only him. The others also noticed the shift in the youngest prince demeanor.

Lotus gasped. Her son's eyes had turned into gold. They saw him looked around, scenting. His eyes then focused on the cloaked figure. The one that the prince of fire tribe came with.

Slowly, like stalking his prey. Shi approached the frozen figure. With a flick of his finger the cloak fell down, revealing Yan Da. Unshed tears in her eyes.

The prince growled. "Who made you cry? I'll kill all of them."

The crowd was stunned. What's going on?