05

Night...

Yan Da absent mindedly bit into the peach that she was holding. Her father was thinking of marrying her off. What changed his mind all of a sudden? And who is she getting married to? A man from their tribe? One of their generals perhaps? Or someone from another tribe?

Is she even ready? She knew that this day would come but it all seemed so sudden.

"Yan Da?" Shi called out again, getting her attention.

"Ha?" she replied.

"Are you alright? You've been spacing out since you came back from your training."

Yan Da blinked, meeting his worried gaze. And what about the prince that she abducted? She needs to return him. She smiled sadly. She's going to miss him. She did enjoy being with him. He was very sweet though sometimes he did get on her nerves with his weird antics. However, it's time for them to separate.

The times she spent with him would be one of her best memories. It's unlikely that they'll see each other again after they went back to their own tribes. They're enemies after all.

"Ying Kong Shi..."

"Hm?"

"I'll be returning you to the Ice kingdom tomorrow." She stated directly. It's better to tell him like this. The young prince looked at her in shock.

"W-why?"

"I..."

Shi frowned. Anger in his eyes. "Are you finally tired of me?"

"What!? No!" She replied, meeting his angry gaze.

"Then why?" he growled. He didn't want to leave her. She's his.

"My father wants me to go back to the fire tribe and I can't bring you there. You can't stay here too because this place will go back down the ocean once I leave."

"There's something else." Her down casted look didn't escape him.

"..."

"Yan Da, at least tell me clearly why you're letting me go back." He pleaded.

"Brother said that father wants to marry me off..." She continued, getting up. Not wanting to face him. "I'll go to the hot spring now."

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi watched her leave. She's leaving him behind to get married to another. He growled, eyes turning into gold. Something within him totally snapped. The urge that he'd been fighting back took over. He followed her.

She was already taking a bath when he got to the spring. His eyes traced her figure. Hunger laced them. No. He wouldn't let it. She belongs to him. He took his clothes off. One more look and he let his instincts took over.

The last thing he remembered was the surprised look on her face and the splash when he entered the spring.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"Shi!?"

"Prince Shi!?"

The sleeping prince frowned. Why is it that a lot of voices were calling out his name? Opening his eyes, he was met by a lot of worried ones. He stood up.

"What's going on?" he asked, surprised at his mother's hold tight on him.

"My child, don't you remember at all? You were missing for a week."

"Missing? For a week? What do you mean?"

The queen and the others looked at each other. Lotus then gave him a comforting smile. "It's nothing. It's okay if you don't remember. Let's go back to the castle."

Shi nodded even if he's still curious of what they're talking about. He didn't remember his time with Yan Da at all.

In the rocks...

Hidden behind them is the figure of the fire princess who was in tears. The mark on her left shoulder glowed. The one that the prince left on her signifying that he had claimed her as his bride.