01

"What are you doing?" the boy said. Yan Da smiled. He was pretty calm considering the situation right now.

"Studying you," She replied, not letting go of his cheeks. "I've always wondered about you guys." She continued, letting go of his cheeks and moving above him. Face leaning in close to see his features clearly. "I heard a lot about you guys from my people, my father and my brothers. Also, from the other tribes. They talked about your beauty, elegance and most of all their desires to be with one of you. If not to be their bride, at least their lover for a night."

Shi's eyes followed her every movement. The brush of her fingers on his face. "Are you one of them then?"

Yan Da stopped, meeting his gaze again. "One of what?"

"One of those who wanted to be a bride or a lover?"

She bit her lip, moving away from him, covering her mouth with her hand. She looked at him in amusement. "No."

He frowned, sitting up. "Then why did you take me?"

"To fill my curiosity of course. I want to know what's so special about you guys. The reason why they're so eager to tie themselves to you ."

Shi smirked. Sadness in his eyes. "Too bad for you then. You took the unwanted one."

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, sitting in front of him.

"Haven't you heard? I'm the most unconventional and unwanted prince of all time. I was born without any powers and my appearance couldn't compare to those of my brothers."

"Really?" Yan Da said in disbelief, tilting his chin. "But your eyes are very beautiful. I love them."

The boy blushed at that. "But as I said my brothers are much more beautiful. If you want to really fill your curiosity, how about taking one of them instead?"

She pouted. "I can't. I was just lucky to have seen you out there. Besides, they're most likely looking for you now. All guards would be on guard and alert."

"You're smarter than I thought you were." Shi said, smirking.

"Ya! Did you just insult the princess of the fire tribe!?"

Shi covered his surprised with a laugh. He didn't notice it. That she was from the fire tribe, looking down. He saw that she is indeed from their enemy tribe with the clothes she's wearing. He cursed at his unobservant eyes.

He's in the hands of an enemy. But... it's not like she intends to hurt him nor kill him. He sighed. Maybe it's better for him to be with her. His tribe didn't want him anyway.