50

* Demi pov *

We arrived at my parents house and they welcomed us with open arms. I didn't have to explain myself or anything. "Thanks mom for letting us stay for a little." I gave the red head a hug. "Anything for my baby and grand baby." She smiled, "were going to take showers and go to sleep, we are pretty tired." I smiled softly, "Okay baby." My dad said,

Hallie and I grabbed our suit cases and walked upstairs, my parents house was relatively big, Madison was at Logan's house since she was home from college. "Hallie, you'll get in the shower first okay?" I said. She nodded,

Once she left to the bathroom attached to the bedroom and I fell on the bed into a puddle of tears. I'm having the abortion tomorrow, while crying I changed all my passwords to everything so Guilherme couldn't get into anything.

It had been sometime and Hallie hasn't come out, I stood up and knocked on the door, surprised it wasn't locked. I opened the door and there was sitting Hallie undressed sobbing with her knees to her chest, "Hallie- you need to shower." I sighed, "I-I can't stop crying."

I sighed, I took of my shirt revealing a white tank top leaving me in shorts. I put up my hair in a messy pony tail. "Get up." I demanded, she did as I said, "demi what are you doing?" She cried. "Helping you."

I held her up and helped her in the tub, "Okay here we go." Her cold skin hit mine and I felt horrible. The water hit her head and ran down her body. I minded my stuff and didn't look at her private parts- down there.. "come on, face me baby." She turned around and laid her head on the crook of my neck as I held her up and rinsed the soap out of her hair. She cried, and I felt terrible because I did this. Maybe I did deserve Hallie, i did ruin our family.

"Okay, we're done baby." I helped her out and wrapped her in the towel, and then did myself. "Okay, get changed and go to bed." I sighed, "o-okay."

I can't wrap my head around what I've done, why did I do it? Maybe I do deserve him beating me and shit, I did fuck up our lives. Forever.

I walked slumped to the living room where my mom and dad were sitting. "Ah, baby-.." my dad sighed. "I can't take it." I cried, "I ruined everything. Daddy- I can't do this, I ruined my daughters life more than I already have, moved her away from her life because I fucked up." I shook my head,

My mom and dad scooted closer to me and wrap their arms around me. "Demi, you were drunk. Guilherme should of understood that. Odell wasn't- it's not fair of him to not listen." My mom said, "mom, nothing is fucking fair. My husband beats me and I deserved it,-" before I could say anything my dad butted in.

"Don't you fucking dare say you deserved it, NO one deserves to be hit. No mater what." He said obviously mad. "Nothing In my life goes the way I want it to- my daughter cuts herself and if I don't get her help she could eventually kill her self then I'll have 2 dead kids. Hallie was so happy when I first adopted her, I can't help but think that I made her the way she is. Sad and depressed, maybe she would of been better living with Holly and Charlie, like Holly said. I fuck everything up and I can't do this- like fuck!" I slammed my fist down on the table, causing my mom to jump a little. "I'm going on a walk." I shot up and left slamming the door.

No I'm not going to do anything drastic, I just need a walk to clear my head. Even though this shit never works. I should probably go to bed, but I can't. I can't help but think about when Guilhermes hands wrapped around my neck squeezing so hard I almost passed out, the way my body fell to the ground after he released. The way I gasped for air, begging him to stop and he just continued to hit me. My dad was right I don't deserve it, no one does. He shouldn't be walking freely, he said be put away.

I can't sleep knowing that, I was raped in a bed- now listen you might be thinking oh he's your husband so it isn't rape. But any type of sex that isn't consensual is rape no matter what.

The words he said engraved in my mind, how much it hurt because he was drunk. "Was having sex with Odell this good, babygirl." I shivered at the thought. I sat there crying, trying to get him off but he was too strong. Why did I try to fix a marriage where I was just a doll?

I didn't realize but I was sobbing and I walked straight in front of a green light, "Hey!" Someone yelled, I was yanked back off the street, stumbling backwards, "are you okay? You almost got hit by a car!" A woman breathed heavily. "Yea-yea I was deep in thought sorry- but um thank you- for basically saving me." I chuckled, I wiped my tears. "Why are you crying?" She asked.

She had piercing blue eyes, and blonde hair. "It doesn't matter."

"I'm Riley." She held her hand out, "I'm Devonne." I smiled, "well devonne, I hope your okay." I shook her hand, "Thanks."

We then went our separate ways, I looked at my phone realizing that I was gone for over an hour and I should head back. I gathered myself and thoughts and headed home.

-

I arrived home and quietly shut the front door and locked it, then headed to my old room and opened the door and saw Hallie sleeping. I slightly smiled and crawled into bed with her. I wrapped myself in the covers and held her close. "I love you, nothing bad will happen to you." I whispered then kissed her forehead.

—————————————

I'm thinking of ending this book, 20 or so  chapters left,

Comment & vote

Rest In Peace Avia ❤️