Chapter 12

"This isn't what I think it is, is it?" She questioned. Fear apparent in her eyes as she looked at Maksim. He nodded his answer and her lower lip quivered.

"We will be alright." He tried to reassure her.

"Are you kidding me?" She responded and he can already see her becoming hysterical. His mate was going to freak out right in front of him. "How does this even work?"

He scratched at his temple. "I'm not so sure. I don't recall anything on this."

The elders have always instructed him to pay close attention, because he never knew when he will need the information they give him. He never paid any attention to it until now. He realized just how right they were. He wished he had paid extra attention on heat.

Octavia took a few steps away from him, but he felt this panic fall over him and he quickly stood up and followed her. She turned around and her face met with his chest. He gave her an apologetic look as she looked at him, surprised to see him so close.

"The only thing I can gather from my studies is that this happens to mates who haven't appeased their wolf in some kind of way." Maksim started.

"So, you are saying that my wolf is punishing me for not sleeping around?" She retorted and Maksim growled, not liking the idea of her sleeping around. His senses were heightened; his possessiveness and protectiveness were maxed out. There was no time for her to tease him with that question. He could kill the imaginary men she could've slept with.

She exhaled sharply. "I don't know how to do this. I'm feeling all these emotions. It is so hard to think. I want to jump you and mark you. There is this need to just lock you in a room with me and not allow anyone to see you."

He shrugged because honestly, he didn't mind that idea at all. She must've read what he was thinking because she covered her face with her palms to stifle the sound of frustration. Smoothly, he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her along with him down to a chair. She sat in his lap with her face riddled with stress. He was surprised she didn't attempt to move away the moment he touched her. Maksim can't deny that it felt nice and she smelled addicting. His nose trailed her shoulder to her neck as he inhaled in big deep breaths. It was a little crazy and must look a little weird, but just smelling her was enough to turn him on.

She gave a little breathless moan and moved closer to him. He tightened his arms around her as he licked her neck. She tasted delicious and he could feel his canines elongating.

"Maksim, we have to pay attention. Stop succumb-" Her voice hitched as he hit a sensitive spot behind her ear. "S-succumbing to our wolf's n-need."

"Does it really matter? We are mates, Octavia." He whispered huskily against her and nipped her earlobe. She shuddered against him.

"Maksim, please." She was fighting so hard. He could see it and he wanted to please her in every way he can. Goddess, he was like a dog that would do anything, just for a small taste of what he craved for. The analogy is ironic, but this was exactly how he felt. If she told him to roll over, he would surely do it.

He knew his mind wasn't there a hundred percent and his animalistic instincts were fully present. Maksim wasn't his normal self. He was intoxicated with his mate's nearness. It was thrilling to him and his wolf. Excitement pulsed through his veins.

Stop.

He has to stop.

"Fvck!" He snarled and pushed her away from him. She stood up as he pushed away. She was breathing heavily, just like him. Her eyes were dark pools of chocolate fondue that he can swim in all day.