Chapter 10

Octavia wasn't surprised when she walked out and saw Maksim asleep on her bed. The man looked like he could collapse at any moment. Maksim was a very tall man and it was kind of funny to see his feet sticking out at the end of the bed. She went into the closet and pulled out a thick blanket to cover him with.

After wrapping him up in a blanket, she crawled onto the empty side of the bed and watched him sleep. Totally creepy, but she couldn't help but take this god given opportunity to just admire her mate openly. A small smile crept on her face when she saw him scrunch up his nose before shivering and then pulling the blanket closer to his body.

She cupped his cheek and felt he was slightly warm, but not badly enough to worry about. Werewolves don't often get sick, but when they do it goes on for days — even supernatural creatures who are supposed to be immortal can get sick.

For an hour she was content in just staring at his face and sometimes even poking at it, but after another thirty minutes she was beginning to feel exhaustion as well. She yawned and her eyes fluttered closed as she snuggled into her bed also, trying to get comfortable. She could get up and go sleep on the sofa, but it wasn't as comfortable as the bed and she wasn't going to give up her bed for anybody, not even her mate.

Besides, he was harmless in his sleep.

She woke up to thick muscular arms wrapped around her and her whole body encased in warmth. Her front completely plastered onto her mate's front and her arms wrapped nicely around him and even cupping his nice round ass.

Embarrassment filled her like nothing else. Her eyes widened and she tried pushing him away, but he held on tight. Her head flew up and saw a pair of muted gray eyes staring back down at her. No amount of words can explain the heat that came rushing to her face. The bed might as well open up and swallow her whole.

"Like my ass?" He remarked.

She probably was as red as tomato right now. He chuckled and the corner of his eyes wrinkled as he looked down at her. She cursed him for placing them both in this predicament. He could've gone home and slept in his bed, but he had to sleep in hers.

"As a matter of a fact, I do." She retorted using the new anger that blossomed in her.

His eyes darkened to a smoke charcoal color that made her nether regions sing like a hymn on a Sunday morning. Her heart stopped beating, just being this close to him and just like that, she lost all her anger. She turned to escape her mate's proximity, but Maksim wasn't having any of it. He grabbed her front and pulled her back into his front. Her back was now touching every single part of his front as he wrapped his leg on top of her, to contain her within his embrace.

"I think I like waking up like this." He whispered huskily against her neck. A soft feather-y kiss touched the back of her neck.

His hands slowly moving from her side and then to her stomach and higher —she squealed and wiggled in his embrace, but he was so much stronger.

"If you wiggle any more, you will see just how fast I lose control." He growled deeply.

She stopped immediately. He chuckled knowingly behind her. She could feel how hard his body was and every hard definition of his muscles. However, Octavia seemed to remember that she wasn't the only one affected by this. Her mate was just as affected by her as she was.

She bit her lip to stop a smile as she wiggled. He growled harshly and tightened his grip around her waist. She shouldn't be teasing the big bad Alpha, but she couldn't resist. She moved again and he flipped her under him.

"Octavia." He said his voice a lot deeper than usual. His eyes were completely black now, as he looked down at her with a hunger that has her blood burning.

"Yes?" She said innocently.

His eyes narrowed on her face. "You're teasing me."

"I would never provoke you." She lied.

"You are playing with fire, Octavia." He blinked and his eyes turned slightly back to normal, but still glowed in a darker grey. She licked her lips and wiggled out her hand to trace his lips.

"But I like playing with this fire." She didn't know what was wrong with her, but she grew another head of confidence.

He groaned and his lips came crashing down on her lips. The moment their lips met, it was bliss. She was on cloud nine and couldn't believe that a hard man with hardness all over his body could have such soft lips. His hand came up to cup one side of her neck as he took control of the kiss, deepening his. His tongue seeking refuge in her lips, learning and tasting everything about her.

When he let down his guard, she pushed him hard enough to have him flying off the bed and to the ground. He blinked in astonishment as she crawled out of bed and onto the other side of the bed. Her breathing was abnormal and her heartbeat was uneven. The sight of her mate's swollen lips was enough to make her want to grab him and bring him back to bed, but she knew better.

She ran out of her room and into the living room, where the pups were already up.

"Octavia!" Maksim shouted as he ran after her. She laughed and ran into the middle of the pups. They all looked up as the big angry Alpha came storming into the living room.

"That wasn't funny." He growled at her.

She shrugged. "Who told you to let down your guard?"

"You distracted me." He said as he stalked predatorily around the pups to get closer to her. She started moving in the opposite direction slowly too —watching his every move.

"What's going on?" Aleksander questioned.

"You're a tease." Maksim's eyes darkened and Octavia licked her lips before biting it in front of him. He growled at her reaction. She loved provoking him.

"Why were you teasing the Alpha, mama Octavia?" Katya and Henrietta asked. The pups were clearly confused.

Octavia didn't know how to answer the pups. Maksim glanced down at the five pups that were the only obstacles that were blocking him from his mate.

"It's nothing. Mama Octavia and I just had a little disagreement, which we will have squared right off if she and I go back into the-"

"Can we go with you guys?" Katya asked innocently. Octavia chuckled and Maksim's face lost a little color.

"No, of course not." Maksim almost stuttered out.

Maksim took another step forward and Octavia shook her head at him. "Ok, you win. I'm sorry."

Maksim's eyes narrowed on his mate to see if she was lying. She gave him an apologetic smile, but her eyes were telling him something else. There was mischief there and he will be damned because he loved it. He loved the playful Octavia.

A knock came from the front door and Aleksander shouted he will go grab it. The pups ran after Aleksander and Maksim took the opportunity to grab a hold of Octavia around the wrist, yanking her body up against his. He growled into her neck by her ear.

"We are not yet finished." He whispered huskily.

Octavia's stomach was filled with butterflies at her mate's quiet promise, before he released her and took a calming step back. Her parents came flooding into the room and it was her turn to open her mouth in shock. Octavia's mother looked at her with a smile before she glanced behind her, towards her mate. She could see her mother's smile faltering a little.

"Octavia, you didn't tell me that the Alpha was visiting." Her mother's calm voice pierced the silence.

Octavia's father appeared beside his mother and he too looked between them all before moving to shake her mate's hand.

"Good morning, Alpha." Her father greeted.

"Good morning. I am sorry to interrupt, but there were just a few important matters I had to discuss with Octavia early this morning." Maksim smoothly lied.

"Oh?" Her mother's eyebrows arched in silent curiosity. "And what pressing matter was it that you needed to speak with her so early in the morning, as well as having the need to wear my husband's clothes?"

A/N: So tell me what do you think will happen? What will Octavia and Maksim's answer be? This chapter was a lot lighter but hopefully brought more intimacy for both Octavia and Maksim.