Chapter 3

Song: Chestersee- I will follow you into the dark cover

*****

Maksim entered back into the office just in time to see Alpha Hansen pulling on a pair of pants. He wasn't an old man. In fact, he was still young—probably around Maksim's age. He was slightly shorter than Maksim but did have a build which was normal for werewolves.

"Where are we?" Maksim asked as he walked over to where Darren and Roman were standing.

The woman that Alpha Hansen was having fun with was dragged out of the room by Antonia. Darren shrugged before speaking.

"Alpha Hansen is unwilling to hand over his pack," Darren stated.

Maksim's jaw ticked in response. Turning to Alpha Hansen who was looking slightly confident until he met Maksim's gaze. After a brief second, he averted his gaze in silent fear. Maksim's lip curled in disgust as he looked the man over.

"You have two choices, Alpha Hansen. We were ordered by the Alpha King to stop what is happening in your pack. Your choices and your rule have caused your pack to turn against you. You either hand over the pack willingly or we fight you for it." Maksim declared and set a stern gaze on the man.

Alpha Hansen squirmed in his spotlight as three Alphas stared him down fiercely. Maksim knew he was weighing his odds and it wasn't very much.

"I w-will not be handing over my pack." He mumbled and Maksim had to strain his ears to hear him.

The man had no brains, Maksim concluded in his mind.

"Very brave but very stupid." Maksim retorted and Roman chuckled lightly. Darren smirked at Maksim's response.

Alpha Hansen straightened up and probably grew a few inches as he looked at Maksim in the eyes. His eyes were black with anger. The rage in Alpha Hansen was giving him the strength to stand up to them.

"This is my territory. This is my pack. I will not give it up easily. I wasn't named Alpha for no reason. I am as strong as all of you. I have every right as every one of you. If you want my pack, beat me." He sneered at Maksim.

Roman and Darren raised an eyebrow as they turned towards Maksim. The declaration was clear. The threat was there. Alpha Hansen had issued out a challenge and as an Alpha, Maksim couldn't turn it down.

"I accept your challenge, Alpha Hansen. Let's kick things up a notch and take this challenge out on the fields so that your pack can see just how-"Maksim smirked. "Strong you are."

Antonia was snickering in the back and Alpha Hansen's fury grew even more at the blatant disrespect.

"Fine. Downstairs. Wherever. I don't care. I will beat you in heartbeat." He growled.

It was late in the afternoon now. Maksim didn't expect to stay this long but things change. Plans changed. He had something here that he needed to take back home and in order to do that he needed to fix what was happening here.

The air was tense with Alpha powers. One Alpha was enough to make one quiver with fear but four Alpha was enough to instill fear in all. A crowd began gathering as news began spreading of the challenge that was issued. Whispers can be heard in the air. Bets were made and many were rooting for Maksim.

Alpha Hansen stood before Maksim shirtless, dressed in only his jeans. His body language told Maksim he was completely confident he was going to win. Maksim ignored Alpha Hansen's misguided confidence and turned to remove his shirt by grabbing the bottom hem of his plain t-shirt and pulling it over his head. He handed it to Antonia. He was about to run his attention back to Alpha Hansen but his attention was caught by a certain midnight hair beauty who stood in the middle of the crowd. Her eyes roamed Maksim's body slowly creating a burning desire wherever her eyes laid on him. He fought back a shudder as he was being examined under his mate's gaze.