Chapter 2

Maksim, Roman, and Darren entered into the pack house. The place was extravagantly built. Expensive maroon tapestries and paintings hung from the walls and windows. The foyer had stone carved statues aligning the wide staircase leading upstairs.

"He built a castle for him to live in alone." Roman mentioned as they took the steps up the stairs toward the sound of soft classical music playing.

An elegant European chandelier hung above the stairs, the crystals sparkling against the light bulbs giving the place all the more expensive feel. Maksim could feel the disgust boil inside of him.

"The man clearly has a taste but you can also see where all the money was going to. He wasted it all on unnecessary things." Darren decided to remark.

"Let's just get this over with." Wanting to spend less time looking at things and more time in finding Alpha Hansen.

They reached the second-floor landing and took a left toward the music. Maksim wasn't surprised when the hallway was just as decorated luxuriously like the foyer. He rolled his eyes and headed for the room that the music was coming from. Reaching for the door he opened it to see Alpha Hansen in a very intimate situation with a young woman. The woman was moaning and lying on his desk with whip cream on her body. Darren and Roman exchanged smirks. They were both unmated and seeing a woman naked was always a fun perk.

Maksim, on the other hand, was unaffected. For thirty-five years he waited for the perfect moment. He waited for her and he was going to spend every waking moment with her-love her body with everything he got. Quite honestly, he couldn't wait.

Roman cleared his throat and the man snapped straight up. He was completely naked. His eyes widened in confusion and surprise. Antonia chose to walk in at that very moment. Her eyes roamed Alpha Hansen's body.

"Well, that does not look very appetizing." She was staring at Alpha Hansen's manhood.

Alpha Hansen's face blushed beet red. He waved his hand in the air as he covered his manhood. The woman scrambled to get up from the desk and cover her body with clothes.

"Who are you people? What are you doing in my home?" He growled.

"The Alpha King sent them." Maksim's gut clenched at the sound of the softly spoken voice. His mate was in the room! He will be damn if his mate was staring at another male. Growling he turned toward her voice. She looked up at him with a questioning look.

"Get out." He ordered.

"What?" She asked and her beautiful face contorted into confusion.

"I don't need you looking at another man." He snarled feeling a feral feeling take over his body. Jealousy and possessiveness roared through his veins.

"Are you being serious right now? You think looking at that will stimulate at a sexual response from me?" Octavia hissed in anger. Her eyes flashed in silent rage.

"I don't care, Octavia. I need you to leave the room." He knew he was being unreasonable and she was probably right but his jealousy was eating him up. He was already growing possessive of her. She was his destined and his soulmate. The only male body anatomy she will be seeing was his body.

She huffed and crossed her arm. "And what if I don't?"

Roman and Darren chuckled. Antonia's lips twitched in response to Octavia's sassiness. Maksim rolled his eyes and grabbed his mate by the arm. The contact of their skin caught them both off guard. She gasped and he let out a throaty growl before reeling his desires and pulling his mate out of the room but before he left he spoke to the three behind him.

"Take care of him." He ordered.

Slamming the door shut he took her far enough away so that no one could hear them. He turned her to face him and he can see that she was very affected by their touch. He could smell her arousal very much and he had to fight back his wolf to forcefully mate her.

"Octavia, when I ask you to leave, I meant it. I don't need you in that room." He pointed out.

"Why should I listen to you?" She glared.

"Because I am your mate." He explained.

She smirked and shook her head. "You might be my mate but I have yet to accept you as mine."

"What the hell does that mean?" He growled.

He thought about the meeting his mate and came up with many different scenarios but he never once thought about his mate rejecting him. The thought put an ache in his chest and he felt a desperate pull to make her his.

"You are mine." He snarled as he moved to grab her arms and pull her body up against his. The sweet seducing tingles spread like fireworks. He saw her eyes turned black and how she was biting her beautiful pink lips. She was fighting the pull but it was already working its magic on both of them.

"I take it you are jealous," Octavia said bluntly.

Maksim was fighting many emotions at the moment. He wanted to kiss the heck out of her because she was so damn beautiful but at the same time, he was still burning with jealousy.

"Octavia." He warned.

She crossed her arms and glared up at him.

"Fine. I will let you win this argument but I better get a visit from you too, Alpha. If I find I am last on your list to follow up on, I will give you hell." She threatened.

He smirked at her response. Two things were apparent to him from her response. She indicated that they will have many arguments to come. Therefore she wasn't leaving him or rejecting him. Also, she wanted to see him again.

She looked adorable standing before him. She didn't cower or faint but stood her ground. She was definitely made to be his Luna.

"I can assure you, mate. You will be first on my list." He said in a husky voice.

Unable to resist, his thumb came up to rub her lower lips back and forth. Images of her lips against his had him almost drooling. He knew that he was in a whole lot of trouble but she was everything he wanted. Her lips parted on contact and their eyes flickered up to meet each other's gaze.

"Go home, Octavia. I promise I will come to find you." He murmured softly and without any resistance left he leaned down to brush his lips on hers.

It was only an innocent brush of their lips but it was enough to make Maksim feel a crazed obsession for her. He heard her inhale softly and leaned into him. Letting go of the hold he had a little, he savored her curvy body on his for a brief minute before he pulled back and turned her towards the stairs gently.

"Home." He reminded her again.

"I mean it." She said again as she glanced back at him.

He rolled his eyes. "Go."

"You know this place might mean nothing to you but it's my home. It means everything to me." She turned back around to tell him again.

He felt guilt set into his gut. He remembered why he took the Alpha King's order in the first place.

Division of the land.

He looked at his mate and she stared back expectantly. He exhaled slowly.

"I promise to do what is best for everyone. You are going to have to trust me." He replied.

"Why should I trust you?" She asked.

He was hurt a little but he knew she had every right to question him.

"Because I am your mate. Your life and wellbeing is my first priority and my best interest." He answered her as he looked her in the eyes with assurance.