Chapter 9

Octavia woke up in her bed to the sound of whispering outside in the living room. She glanced at the door and it was slightly open. She slowly slipped off her duvet and walked to the door. As the door opened, she could hear clearly what was going on in the kitchen. The cottage was dimly lit and she could tell that she had slept well through the afternoon and into the evening.

Giggles, grunts, and excited chatters can be heard. She quickened her footsteps and when she finally made it to the living room, the scene before her looked hilarious. Maksim stood in the middle of the room with all five pups clinging onto him. He looked up immediately when he saw her. His struggles stopped and the pups turned as well as soon as they saw that he had stiffened.

"Mama Octavia, you're awake." Olivia, one of the youngest pups, said brightly as she had her arms and legs wrapped neatly around Maksim's left leg.

"You slept for a very long time." Katya said from the opposite side of Olivia.

"W-what is going on?" Octavia asked.

"We are saving the Luna!" Henrietta piped in as she clung to Maksim's back.

"Saving the Luna?" Octavia felt almost stupid, not understanding what the hell they were saying.

"We have to save the Luna from the big bad Alpha who has captured her and made her his forever, but he is so strong. We can't get past his walls. All five of us are on him and he is like a tower that is unwilling to fall." Aleksander made an angry face. He did not like losing.

Octavia glanced behind him at the lump of pillow that was supposed to be the Luna. She arched an eyebrow at him and Maksim chuckled. He started to remove the pups from his body. After they all got off him, he pointed to the bedrooms.

"Time for bed."

"Aww..." They all said in unison, but walked to their bedrooms. Octavia's mouth was hanging open. It takes her hours to get them all to bed and here they were, walking to bed with just one command from Maksim.

Maksim walked up to her and tapped her chin with his finger. "Is that an invitation for me to kiss you?"

She snapped it shut and looked at him. "Thank you for remaining with them until I woke up, but now it is getting late. You should be going back to the pack house. I am sorry to take so much of your time-"

"How are you doing? Do you feel light headed?" He ignored her.

She nodded. "I'm doing fine now. I just don't like the sight of blood."

He chuckled and she tilted her head to the side as she listened to the soft rumble of his laughter. It was freaking sexy. His eyes were twinkling so beautifully that she was immediately captivated.

"I can see that, Octavia. You looked really pale when you saw the blood dripping down on your finger." He stated. Just hearing about it, made her stomach upset and her feel a little light headed.

She wasn't used to a male hanging around her house. Men tried to hit on her, but she would always fight them off. Some come over drunk in attempt to do something bad, but she always barred her doors. However, her mate was standing in front of her and she didn't have it in her to kick him out. She should though, because she should be upset with him, but he was right when he said they were mates and were still getting to know each other.

She couldn't expect him to read her mind and know right away that those pups weren't hers. She sighed and moved around him to pick up the pillow that they used to play with and the wooden toys that were littered all over her living room floor. Toys were crafted from wood and trees because werewolves don't often travel to the cities. There were too many humans and no one wanted to risk it.