"i have a better idea. no."

- n o t e d i t e d -   

- camilo's pov -

It was a good morning.

A morning that was far better than the past mornings I've had, because unlike the other mornings, I actually had something to expect in school.

And that was my daily meetings with Alaina.

Ever since the partners had officially been announced, the two of us had been meeting every day since two weeks ago. Whether it be during lunchtime, after school, or even while the classroom teacher was giving a lecture, we didn't miss a day planning every detail of the act we'll be playing.

It was because of her determination to make everything perfect that was making all of it happen, and because of it, even I was looking forward to what the outcome will be. 

I pulled the curtains up and saw that the morning sun hasn't risen yet.
5:30am.
How lucky.
I didn't have to rush myself and still had about two hours before school starts.

I ruffled my wet hair, the strong essence of mint can be smelled from miles away, and flopped on top of my bed. As I hummed along to the song playing through the speakers, I scrolled through my Instagram feed.

It was all good and jolly until I saw the newest post of my ex-lover – Sue.

@ uileexx's post 
Back.. Glad to be finally be with you, love. 

For a second, I thought my heart completely stopped beating

For a second, I thought my heart completely stopped beating. As if my whole body stopped functioning, and all I could hear was the sound of my small droplet of hope to be with her shattering. 

What had saddened me more was the fact that I was supposed to be in that guy's place. I was supposed to be the one holding her hand in that picture, or the one that waits for her in the airport with a rose hidden in sight.

I was supposed to be the one doing all the things that guy was doing. If only I didn't make that one mistake. 

On second thought, this isn't going to be a really good day.

**

- author's pov -

The news that Suelita was back bugged Camilo all week to the point where he couldn't get enough sleep as he wanted. He itched with anticipation to see her face and to hold her face as he would do long ago.

Although everything will never be the same, even now that she was back, he still longed to meet her.

*beep*

As he took a sip of the warm mocha in his hand, his phone rang. 

Checking the caller ID beforehand, he picked it up.