"let's talk when you're not creeping me out."

- n o t  e d i t e d -

"Why.."

My voice was cut off as a tear trickled down my cheek. The photo I was holding on my hand blurred out all the other surroundings, leaving me to focus on that one person on the picture.

Many times I contemplated burning this only picture of her that I had, but just as the number of times I've attempted, that was that exact amount of times I failed.

I threw the photo away with the only strength I have left, and it was sent straight into the trashcan. The photo piled up with the other trash. Nothing much was thrown away other than my written unfinished songs about my cheesy heartbreak.

I'm so exhausted, mainly because of myself for worrying about someone who has already moved on.

Beep.

Beep.

I buried my head under the pillow and closed my eyes. My phone that was on the other side of the bed beeped again, indicating that there was a new message.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

After minutes of having to hear that continuous beeping, I gave it a rest and sat up straight. The bed sheet was all wrinkled, and the set of pillows I just bought a few weeks ago were all over the place.

"Who the heck sends a message in the middle of the night?!" I cursed, my voice echoing through the room.

"Seriously, if it's Les again—"
I searched for my phone through the sheets, and when I finally found it, another message was delivered.

Beep.

I unlocked my phone, and clicked on the notifications, directing me to the app where the messages were. I swear if all the messages were spam, I'd hunt the guy who kept sending it to my number.

UNKNOWN wants to start a conversation with you

1:01
Seen: 1:29

[UNKNOWN] ... Hi!~ Is this Camilo? Camilo Harris?
[UNKNOWN] ...
[UNKNOWN]  Oh wait, that's kind of informal.. let me start again.

1:02
Seen: 1:29

[UNKNOWN] Hey. I'm Alaina, a fellow student from F.I.S. Is this Camilo's number?

1:10
Seen: 1:29

[UNKNOWN] Uhm you seem to not be replying.. You probably blocked me ahaha...

1:15
Seen: 1:29

[UNKNOWN] HI ARE YOU ALICE THERE?
[UNKNOWN]  a lice*
[UNKNOWN]  alive*
[UNKNOWN]  oops sorry about that

1:26
Seen: 1:29

[UNKNOWN] I'll just stop bothering you for now. You must be busy...I'm sorry ^~^

1:30
CAMILO has accepted your conversation

1:31
Seen: 1:32

[CAMILO] you know, normally, no one is expected to reply to someone at 1am.. in the morning..
[CAMILO] anyway

1:32
Seen: 1:32

[CAMILO] yes, this is my number. im curious as to how you got it, but ill save that for later
[CAMILO] what do you want

1:33
Seen: 1:34

[UNKNOWN] oof that's cold
[UNKNOWN] T^T
[UNKNOWN] I just want to ask you one thing