Chapter 15

[Hi everyone, I'm officially on summer break! Woohoo! So I will have a lot of free time, dispite the four hour Marching Band practices three times a week. So get ready for some updates!!!

Xoxo, Bree]

Mom had sent me home before Skie was released the next day, I argued but, I lost. Hayllie's mom came to pick me up and take me back to their house for the night.

"It's for the best, I need your sister to get situated, and it’s bad enough that I can't find a sitter for Lily. You understand, don't you darling?" mom asked as Hayllie's mom pulled up. I smiled, actually understanding what mom was asking,

"Yeah, I totally get it, Skie needs rest, with the way I'm up at night, I'd probably prevent that, but won't Connor do the same thing?"

"Don't worry about your brother, he and some of his friends left for Florida about an hour ago. He won't be back until Christmas."

I nodded, then hopped into the back of the Mercedes with Hayllie. I waved to mom, then Mrs. Anders started driving.

"How's Lily, when can I see her again?" Hayllie asked, turning to grin at me. I smiled,

"You can see my niece as soon as I can go home." I laughed; Hayllie rolled her eyes, and then started laughing as well.Mrs. Anders turned onto their street, and then pulled up to a large beach house, protected by a large wrought iron fence, similar to my own house. I noticed Hayllie’s little brother, Eli was swinging on the tire that was out front,. He jumped down and came racing towards the car.

As Hayllie and I stepped out of the car, Eli raced directly at Hayllie, leaping into her awaiting arms. She swung her little brother around, his blonde hair blowing; eyes bright and the biggest smile ever. As Hayllie set him down, Eli ran over to me and gave me a welcoming hug as well. I lifted him into the air, and held him high as Eli laughed and held his arms out like Superman. I set him down on the ground gently, and he ran off towards the house to catch up with his mom. Hayllie grabbed my arm,

"Come on; let's go up to my room. We can go swimming if you want, or just hang out on the beach. Just the two of us."

We both started across the yard, then into the house and up the stairs to Hayllie's room. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Hayllie's room, well, it's amazing. It's super bright, like windows on an entire wall with amazing view of the ocean. The walls were a bright, ocean blue, with pictures and posters everywhere. Shelves with millions of books, pictures, CD's, along with several copies of the magazine Seventeen, Hayllie had tons.

We threw our stuff on the beanbag chairs in one corner of her room, and then fell backwards onto her bed, sighing dramatically. Hayllie and I looked at each other, and burst into a fit of giggles. Trying to suppress any form of laughter between Hayllie and me, is like trying to count every grain of sand on the beach, or trying to find the end of a rainbow. It's impossible, we've only known each other for a few months, but to us, it's like we've known one another for all of our lives.

"So, now what do we do?" I asked, we started laughing again, there was probably too much to do at Hayllie's. She was the girl with the newest Xbox games, the girl with the pool, spa, and ocean! The girl with the best food, the coolest house, the best clothes, Hayllie was the best, the newest, and the coolest.

"Well, we could go down to the beach, or the Board Walk, ride bikes to the park, hang out up here, go shopping, we can pretty much do anything, as long as we tell my mom beforehand." Hayllie stated, ticking things to do off her fingers. She grinned as she thought of something, "Or, we could make homemade cookies."

"Hmm," I thought out loud, "Let's go down to the beach, maybe we can take Eli with us."

"Defiantly, hang on; I'll get you a suit." Hayllie jumped off of her bed and walked into her closet, calling from behind the door, "What color do you want, which color flip-flops are you wearing?"