Chapter 13

(To everyone reading this story,

Here's to you, for being patient when I write, then re-write a single chapter. Thank you for sticking with me, as I write this story. This chapter is dedicated to all of you, Thanks again, now on with the show!

~Bree)

 The storm blew into Hidden-Hills with such a force; I fell out of my bed when I heard the first of the thunder. The thunder seemed to echo endlessly across the sky, then, adding to the noise, was baby Lily's crying. The thunder had woke her up.

"Oh, Lily, just once I would love to be able to sleep through the night." I whined getting up to comfort my niece. I stumbled into the hallway, then into the nursery. I opened my eyes a little wider, and turned on the fairy lamp so I could have a little bit of light. I walked to my whimpering niece and picked her up.

"Hey small-one, how come you're up this early in the morning? Are you hungry or did the storm wake you up?" I cooed to her, she stopped whimpering to stare up at me. I smiled down at her, then carried her down the stairs to the kitchen so I could warm up a bottle for her.

I sat Lily in her highchair, and then went to make up a formula. I heard someone creak down the stairs.

"Meghan, what are you doing up so early?" Connor mumbled at me, rubbing his eyes at the light,

"I'm feeding Lily, since I seem to be the only one who hears her screaming at three in the morning." I told him, as the formula warmed up. Connor didn't say anything else; he apparently fell asleep standing up. I tested the bottle, then walked to Lily who was smiling up at me. She was just hungry; I picked up the baby, and walked to the table so I could feed her, pulling Connor with my free hand.

"Sit. Then go to sleep, just don't fall out of the chair." I commanded as Connor seemed to collapse into the chair. He mumbled something; I didn't pay attention to my sleeping brother. Lily eagerly reached for the bottle; I held it for her as she drank. The bottle was empty in a few minutes; I patted her back, for her to burp so she could sleep peacefully. The child seemed to settle down a little, I got up and started walking around to try to lull her to sleep.

I walked over to the glass doors, and looked out. The storm was still raging; I could see the ocean getting all churned up. But the sun was starting to reflect off the water.

"Look Lily, the sun is trying to break through the clouds." I whispered to her. Lily reached towards the glass, placing her little hands on the panes, leaving behind small handprints. Lily and I watched the sun rise for a little while longer, until I figured that I should probably go get in the shower and get ready for school. I carried Lily back up the stairs, then laid her down in her crib, and turned out the light. I walked back to my room, and started my shower.

After about an hour and a half, I was finally dressed and was trying to cover the dark circles under my eyes with makeup. I rolled my eyes, and stood up. I looked over my outfit one more time, a multi-colored dress, light blue flats, a glass ring, and a heart necklace that Skie had left for me, when she went into the ICU, with a note that said,

I leave you my heart, now go find the key.

I smiled at my sisters' trickery; she knew that I loved mysteries. When I had the time, I was going to solve this one. I ran my brush through my hair a few more times, and then walked out of my room with my backpack slung over one shoulder. I bounced down the stairs, and into the kitchen.

"Good-morning sunshine. How'd you sleep last night?" mom asked me, while feeding Lily.

"I was up at about three in the morning with Lily to feed her; we watched the storm for a little while. Then I put her back in her crib so I could go get ready for school." I replied pushing aside the plate of food that mom had set in front of me. She looked quizzically at me, I shook my head. Connor walked into the room beaming.