Chapter 6

This is for my little sister, who is awesome and makes my life fun! I have no clue what life would be like without her... and I don't want to think about it!

Plus I make her read my stories... so even though she doesn't write as much as I do... she at least reads my work and tells me... truthfully how good or bad it is!

Thanks Andi,

~Love Bree

The doctor told me that I was suffering from a serious case of MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder.  I couldn’t understand why, I knew that I was Sam and I wasn’t dead. Everyone kept telling me otherwise, Alex, my mom and dad, Mrs. Richmond, Skie, they all kept telling me that I was Meghan Isabelle Richmond, and that Sam was my best friend. Maybe I was suffering from MPD, I knew that there was a part of me that knew that I was dead, but I couldn’t seem to find that part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, I woke up and saw that Alex and Skie were in the room.

“Skie,” I moaned, “where am I?”

“You’re in the hospital, who are you?” she asked as if she was playing a joke.

“That isn’t funny Skylare… you know who I am. I’m your sister, Meghan Nicole Richmond. I’m thirteen years old and I have no clue why I’m in a hospital.” I replied annoyed. Skie and Alex seemed to breathe at the same time,

“She’s herself again.” Alex muttered walking out of the room, giving me a small smile as she turned the corner. I grew worried,

“Skie, what was Alex talking about? What did she mean by I’m myself again?”

“Meghan,” she began, “the doctor has diagnosed you with a serious case of MPD... err… Multiple Personality Disorder. He thinks that it’s been brought on by the death of Sam, and then when you went into her room this afternoon. He thinks that you sent yourself over the edge so to speak. You aren’t in any real danger… as long as you stay here for a while.”

“Alright, is anyone else here?”

“Mother is in with Connor and Hawkins, Alex just left to find them, and father hasn’t shown up yet. But don’t get your hopes up… I doubt that he will ever show. Well since he has been arrested, he is sitting in jail right now and his trial is tomorrow.”

“The day before Sam’s funeral!” I gasped, “he would manage to do that!” I scoffed and sat up in the bed.  I noticed that there was an IV sticking out of my left hand… I shuddered and gently pulled the needle out of my skin, and watched as Skie flinched in disgust. I smiled, and swung my legs over the side of the bed.

“Meghan, what are you doing?” mom asked walking into the room, eyeing me suspiciously.

“Stretching my legs, I was getting bored.” I replied innocently, and looked straight head standing with my back completely straight at I addressed mom.

“At ease, then if you were stretching, why is your IV lying on the bed? Oh never mind, the doctor will be here in a few minutes, try to relax and hopefully he will let you go home.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I still stood with a straight back, Skie did the same.

“Dismissed,” I relaxed, and mom walked over to give me a hug, “don’t worry; you’ll be out of here soon.”  

“I hope so; I have a eulogy to write.” I walked back to the bed and sat down. Skie handed me a notebook, and I began to write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~