Chapter 12

Happy New Year's Everyone!

This chapter was finished at 11:59 pm on December-31-2011 

(Again, here's to getting something done. :))

By the end of the day, I was ready to go home, curl up in a ball and sleep for forty-eight hours straight.

Claire, Hayllie, and I walked to the line of busses that wrapped around the back driveway of the school. We all filed onto the bus and sat in the same seats as the morning.

"So Virginia, how was your first day at a California school?" Ian Rafter called to me from across the bus.

"It was alright, but I think I prefer getting a tan in December rather than being snowed in."

The bus laughed, I laughed with them,

"You sure seem to get along with everyone, huh?" Hayllie asked in a whispered voice. I smiled, and thought a moment about everyone that I left behind in Virginia. I missed them all, and now all I really wanted to do was just to go home. I closed my eyes for a moment, then pulled out my IPod and turned it on. I hit the home button twice, and searched for a song. I found the song I wanted and started to play it. I  

think I dozed off for a little bit, Hayllie nudged me right before we had to get off.

The bus stopped at our corner, half of the bus seemed to get off, myself included. Hayllie and I waved to Claire, and we started to walk up the street towards my house. Before we reached my gate, Hayllie grabbed my arm,

"Something's wrong, I know something is wrong, now spill!"

"Hayllie," I whispered, "nothing is wrong. I promise, can I go home now?"

"If nothing is wrong, how come you're crying?"

I instinctively wiped any tears away from my eyes. I shook my head,

"If something is wrong, I'll tell you, can I please go home now? Text me later?" I called walking up my driveway. The Ferrari wasn't parked in the driveway, and it looked like no one was home. I rushed up to the door, fumbling for my keys, I managed to get the door open but the house was empty.

"Mom, Connor, Skie, is anyone here?" I called no answer. I locked the door behind me, and dropped my bag, racing through the house trying to find someone. When I reached the kitchen, I found a note from mom, addressed to me.

Meghan,

Connor and I had to take your sister to the hospital.

The doctors are a little worried about her health, would you please call me as soon as you read this note. We should be home soon, don't worry; I am sure that everything is going to be fine.

Love,

Mom

I felt the note crumple in between my fingers; I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and searched for mom's number in my contacts.

"Hello? Meghan, is that you? How are you darling how was your first day at school?"

"Hi mom, school was fine, I'm fine, and how are you and Skie. Is the baby okay, is she gonna make it?" I asked anxiously.

"Meghan, calm down, Skylare and the baby are both fine so you can stop panicking. Before you ask, no, we don't know what happened or what's wrong. The doctors want to keep them over night to ensure that nothing could possibly go wrong."

I laughed lightly, and wished that the doctor's could figure out what was wrong.

"Meghan, honey, I have to go. The doctors are going to perform some tests to see what is wrong with the baby. I'll talk to you soon, okay honey, love you."