*~*Chapter 10

[*~*after Skie and Meghan arrive in California*~*]

(Hey guys,

Here's chapter 10 of ◄◄ The Memories. I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it for you guys!

Love y'all,

-Bree)

 After about a week of living in California, mom made Connor, Skie, and I return to school. Skie and Connor had to adjust to life at a public school for once, Skylare was still setting up the baby's room, and now I was going to play the role of the shy, quiet new girl with a southern accent... GREAT, just what I wanted today.

Monday morning, I woke up, and the butterflies were already in flight around my stomach. Mom had registered me at the Junior High, a normal, non uniformed school. I didn't know anyone at the school, so needless to say; I wasn't very excited to head off to school.

I rolled out of my warm bed, wandering into my bathroom to start a shower. I was hoping that the warm water would soothe my jumpy, nervous nerves. After I had washed my hair two or three times, shaved, and was just standing under the stream of water, I eventually turned the water off, and stepped out of the showers' warmth. I wrapped my hair up in a towel then dashed from the bathroom, back into my bedroom.

My shower had been nice and warm, and now the temperature in my room seemed to drop about ten or fifteen degrees. I ran into my closet and practically slammed the door shut. I slid down the door, and stared at my hands, for what seemed to be hours. I knew mom was going to have a hissy fit if I wasn't dressed by the time she called us down for breakfast.

I stood up, and walked over to my clothes, trying to find my favorite jeans. I stumbled upon them after tripping over a pair of converses. I reached down to pick them up, realizing which ones they were, I smiled. Sam had gotten me these converses for my last birthday; she had stitched her name and mine into the sides of the shoes, and made me promise to only wear them after she was gone. I smiled again, thinking that today would be the perfect day to wear the shoes.

I found a music t-shirt and my favorite jeans. I changed then ran back into the bathroom to see what I could do with my hair. I unraveled the towel, and brushed and blow-dried my hair. Then decided that I should probably just start standing out by straightening my hair and putting on a little makeup. I smiled to myself, and realized that maybe living California wasn't going to be so bad after all. I danced out of my bathroom, grabbed my converses, my satchel and Sam's journal, then walked out of my room; closing the door behind me.

Mom was just beginning to climb the first flight of stairs when I passed her. She looked shocked to see me.

"Meghan, I didn't think that you'd be up this early. I'm surprised, your brother and sister aren't even up yet."

"Let's just say, I want to get this school day over with as soon as possible." I smiled at mom, the continued down the stairs to the main floor. Where I was greeted by an amazing smell of warm, fresh, cinnamon buns, mixed with the warm beach air blowing through the open kitchen window.  I wandered into the kitchen, and smiled. There was as fresh plate of moist, delicious, Virginia style cinnamon buns left on the table with a little note from Mrs. Hawkins.

Meghan, Skylare, Connor and Sophia,

I left these out for you; I had some errands to run. I hope to be back by the time you are home from school. Have a wonderful day, children.

Love,

Mrs. Hawkins

I smiled at the note, and then grabbed one of the cinnamon buns. I bit into the moist pastry; the bun seemed to melt on my mouth. I went to grab a glass of juice, then looked at the clock and figured I could go for a short walk along the beach. I quickly wrote mom a note, then grabbed some flip-flops. Quietly, I opened the back door, and walked over the stretch of bright-green grass then stepped out onto the beach. My flip flops picked up grains of sand and threw them into the air as I walked towards the water.