Chapter 8

A/N So here is chapter eight! Sorry it took so long, but I hope that you all enjoy it, but I don't think that it is my best work . . . just tell me what you think!

Thanks,

~Bree              

                                                               ~Five Months Later~

                                                                  (November 2010)

My family still lived in Virginia, I was still close friends with Alex, and I still played soccer on the best U-14 team in our state. I can't forget that my jerk of a father is still in jail. But mainly, Sam was still dead and hurried in Hope Cemetery.

Oh and I have to add the fact that Skie is going to have a baby in four months! I found out shortly after Sam's funeral, and Skie really seems to be enjoying early mother-hood. But if you ask me, it's driving everyone else up the wall. She doesn't know what sex the baby is, and doesn't want to find out until after it's born.

I woke up around eleven the next morning, and wandered sleepily down the stairs and into the kitchen. I heard my family talking about something, and I crept to the corner to listen.

"Mother, I love the color, I can't wait to see it in real life." Skie squealed at something,

"I agree, the color is wonderful, and it goes with the ocean." mom replied,

"What are you both talking about?" I asked walking into the kitchen as if I hadn't heard a word. Everyone turned to look at me, and mom began to smile.

"Houses, and really cool looking ones too." Connor replied grinning, and I just rolled my eyes,

"Uh, Connor, if you haven't noticed. Uh, we already have a house, so why are you looking at new ones?" I asked

"Oh, just come and look." mom said motioning for me to come over. She pointed to a gorgeous house on the beach with a wrap around front porch. It was one of those big, white farmhouse, the really spacious ones. The ones that are like three floors high, and i had to admit; I loved it!

"Um, I know I'm going to regret asking this, but where is this house?" I asked nervously and holding my breath.

"California, a small beach town called Hidden-Hills. Our back-yard is practically the ocean!" mom told me trying to get the nervous hint out of her voice. 

"Ca--California! Would we really move all the way across the country?" I asked and mom nodded,

"Yes honey, I got a promotion, and my boss is moving me to the company in California. Isn't that wonderful Meghan?"

"Yeah... wonderful." I muttered sitting down next to Connor, who wrapped an arm around my shoulders and grinned,

"Cheer up, Megh. It's going to be a totally new adventure."

There was a moment of silence as I tried to take everything in .  .  .

"When are we leaving?" I asked solemnly, mom looked up again,

"Well, I was thinking sometime during the break that you have this week, and I don't want to take any chances with the baby, so probably in a week or so. We've already had a closed offer on the house, so we should start packing everything in your rooms up soon." mom said weakly.

I couldn't even find any words to say, I had to pick up everything and leave . . . in about a week!

"Mom, what about soccer? I have to finish out the season with my team. You can't expect me to just leave them hanging." I cried thinking about the possibilities.