- 3 -

"Are you deaf? I asked if you're okay?"

I looked up at him, I caught his eyes, they were blue like mine, except they were the most captivating that I had ever seen. It's like someone carved them so delicately, but in the light, they take on a slight tinge of purple, but maybe that's just my imagination, it's been a long night. He didn't look happy that this incident got in the way of his evening. His arms folded, looking at me up and down like I'm a wounded gazelle under the control of a hungry, yet bored lion.

"Uh yeah, thanks." With that I ran to my car, turned on the lights and couldn't have gotten out of there any faster. I looked up to where he was stood, he was gone, just like that. Again.

It's not like I wasn't thankful that he had helped me, but I had more than enough of any man for one day, actually for a lifetime to be honest, I either attract pigs or I must just smell like shit because that's all I seem to get come my way these days.

The streets in a normal city would be quiet but this is London and it's almost five in the morning, people are getting ready for their morning commutes to work, and just finishing late night shifts themselves. But I managed to make it home in just under twenty minutes which works just as well for me.

I walked into the house, and locked up behind me, looking around it was clear I was all alone, no mum, no crazy Sam, no Zane. If I'm honest the idea of being alone right now really did scare me a little, but what more could I do. Running to my room and throwing myself on the bed I grabbed my phone from my pocket and text Rosie. I had to talk to her, this was just too intense, and she just so happens to be the only person that knows absolutely everything about me. So, it helps to have someone in my corner. Someone to keep me grounded, when I feel like I want to just break down.

Finished work early, Sam turned up. You wouldn't believe what happened. I typed out.

Oh no, tell me? Did he try to persuade you to take him back again? Wait please don't tell me it worked!
Rosie Replied.

With absolutely no idea to what Sam was capable myself, I wasn't surprised even Rosie couldn't concoct a situation even close to what happened. I explained absolutely everything that I could remember before I let myself breath and push it to the back of my mind never to be thought of again. I know, it's lame telling someone something so traumatic over the phone, but if I do it this way it's like I never have to speak of it face to face, and Rosie knows better than to bring it up in person, it might not be a healthy way of dealing with it, but we all deal differently, and that's fine by me.

Once we finished speed texting, I made a hasty jump into the shower, wanting to get the filthy feeling off me, out of my head, out of my thoughts the whole lot. I looked down at my chest, it felt tender, sore and even ached. The Shower water running over my body like a warm blanket, engulfing the cold parts, and repairing the tender aches that my body dared to feel.