Chapter 46

Double update for being so patient with me not posting for so long. ❤️

Emitt's P.O.V

I smile to myself as I stroke Thing on the couch, settled in the living room that was deadly silent. The only sound to be heard were my faint exhales of carbon dioxide and the woodland creatures that lived beyond the walls of our home.

Our home.

It felt way too good saying that. This place that Beckett once regarded as nothing but a waste of space that represented the darkest, loneliest times of his life now became a place of life and rebirth. It was filled with laughter and love and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else with my family.

"Daddy!" Amelia calls from the room she was in next door, she was becoming spoiled rotten because of Beckett and expected me to come to her. She was wrong.

"Yes!" I holler back. I wasn't getting up and neither was she. So we were yelling now.

"I'm hungry!" She screams.

"Me too!" I scream back.

"Oh, my Goddess!" Beckett shouts from upstairs. "Stop shouting!"

"You're shouting now!" I scream extra loud making Thing whine as he takes off from beside me.

"Shut up!" He shouts back. I open my mouth to shout something back but pause when I hear a knocking on the door.

I make my way to the door, trying my best to mute the screams that continued to be played between the two as I closed the distance between myself and the door.

"Hello," I say opening the door, my smile fades when my eyes land on Mickey who's arms were gripped tightly on each side of his mates. Duck tape was plastered over his lips and he was fighting with all his had to escape them but was failing miserably. His eyes found mine and he stilled before he glared at me with too much rage to put into words.

"Hey." Chris pants, sounding aspirated as he tightens his grip on his mate.

"Hope you don't mind us popping in." Nicholas jokes with a chuckle before dodging the move Mickey made to choke him. "Mickey!"

"Not at all...." I strain as I try not to let my nerves show too much at the aggression Mickey was showing. "Come in?" I say as more of a question than an instruction as I widen the door, stepping aside for them to enter. They walk in quickly, heading straight for the closest room which was one of the many living rooms. They sat down with Mickey between them, holding him tightly to prevent any further attacks.

"Who was t-" Beckett stops mid-sentence when his eyes land on the three mates who ignored him for years, well all but Mickey since he seemed blamed me for everything. His muscles tense as he looks at his previous friends, I couldn't tell if he welcomed their foreign presence or repelled it. "What's happening?" He asks looking at me for answers.

"I don't know." I say honestly before turning to the twins to fill in the gaps.

"He wouldn't come here on his own and it was eating him alive, so we gave him the push he needed." Chris says ignoring the deadly glare Mickey was boring into the side of his head.

"He really wanted to come." Nic says with a smile while Mickey groaned against it behind his duck tape.

(A.N - I was editing and started falling asleep. So I'm stopping here. Sorry. I know I could edit tomorrow and post then but I want these up now. So sorry)

"Sure seems like it." Beckett grumbles as he makes his way beside me before pulling me into his side a bit. "How did you even get him here?"

"Ambushed him in his sleep, I was tape duty." Chris says smugly.