Chapter 45

SHORT AND UNEDITED!!!!
Beckett's P.O.V

"Morning." Emitt mewls as he turns into me, his hands landing on my chest while our legs tangled naturally. 

"Ew, morning breath." I groan sleepily when he tries to kiss me.

"Shut up and kiss me." He commands before gripping my jaw tightly and pressing his lips to mine. I hum in delight as our lips move in sync, the action soothing to me. "Mhmm." He hums pulling back as he presses light kisses all over me making me laugh. 

"Stop." I groan as he straddles me and showers me with kisses that were not only cute but ticklish. "Emitt!"

"Yeah." He asks with a smile as he stops momentarily, sitting up to look at me. "Beckett, I have to tell you something." 

"What?" I ask as I let out a heavy breath.

"I love you." He says with a giddy smile that warms my heart. I flip us quickly making him squeak out as I slam him onto his back before kissing him hungrily, letting my mouth explore his ruthlessly. He whimpers in my hold, shivering slightly as I pinned his hands above his head with my own.

"I love you too." I breathe out, watching him pant with slightly swollen lips. "Don't you forget it."

"I won't." He replies as I climb off him and head to the bathroom to clean up quickly. After a brief shower, I pinch myself for forgetting to take a change of clothes with me. Tying a towel around my waist, I head out for a change of clothes. 

"You're done al.." His words drift away as his eyes scan my body. We'd nothing more than kiss in the last week, the most I've seen of Emitt's body has been his legs and the same could be said for me. Suddenly feeling self-conscious, I grab my clothes quickly before heading back to the bathroom but he stops me. 

Only then do I realize that he's looking at my scars.

His fingers hover over my skin hesitantly as he searches my body with confused as well as pained eyes. I stand still allowing him to scan me, knowing it was better to get this over with now. When his finger touches the one on my chest, I tense a bit as his thumb glides over the scar that rested on my heart. Tears forming in his eyes as his breathing started to quicken.

"What happened..." He gawks out, his words shaking as his fingers were. 

"A lot," I say not wanting to go into detail, I take his hand away from my chest and lift his chin to look at me instead. "Don't worry about it."

"How can you say that?" He says as his lips begin to wobble. "Your body is covered in s-scars and you say don't worry about it. Beckett, what happened to you?" 

"Let's sit," I say with a sigh before sitting on the edge of the bed with him. I take his index finger before tracing it along the thin scar that ran across my shoulder. "A knife in a bar fight." I run it along the claw mark the was on my waist. "A rogue fight, thirteen against one. A claw mark is not bad for those odds." I continue to the one of my thigh. "Aiden stabbed me, I don't remember what happened." I go to a small thick one. "A bar fight I loss. The rest are from wars, fights, and conflicts."

"And this one?" He questions returning to my chest, one I hope he'd leave alone. "What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I say dragging his hand away from it as I stand to throw on a shirt to hid my permanent reminders of a darker time in my life. Slipping on some underwear and pants, I try to leave but he grabs my wrists.

"Why not?" He questions with a firm grip.

"Because it makes me uncomfortable," I say honestly looking straight into his eyes.