Chapter 35

DON'T PLAY SONG UNTIL YOU'RE TOLD!!!!!
Thank you🙃

Emitt's P.O.V

These were his parents?
They didn't look like shit to me.

They had the resting bitch face thing going on, with pursed lips that just looked like a failed duck lips pose but besides that they looked pretty normal to me.

After all these months of having zero detail to go on, I guess I'd conjured up these evil beings in my mind with tentacles and one million razor sharp teeth but they were just normal everyday people. Grumpy people, but still people.

"Hello I'm Emitt." I say with a beaming smile, hiding my repulsion at them just from reputation.

"Hello, the other beta of our pack I presume." His mother replied politely, who even talks like that.

And yeah I'm the beta, but I'm also your son's mate. 

Damn Beckett wasn't exaggerating when he said they were adjusting, she didn't even mention it. But I wouldn't force it on them, it'll make Beckett mad and I just wanted this to go well.

What are you doing here?! - Beckett hisses through our link as I sat down in a seat across the broad table from his parents.

Getting to know your parents. Don't worry, I'll behave - I say quickly as I smile at the parents who were clearly judging me.

You need to leave, now! - He booms  through our link. He was trying to sound intimidating, and I guess he achieved that to some extent but he sounded more.....panicked to me. There was a sort of shakiness to his tone that I didn't appreciate and fear that vibration along every letter.
Was he really that scared of these people?

"So how about desert?" I say with a cheerful smile as I blocked our link.

"Yes Beckett, that'd be lovely." His father says all poshly. I always hated people who viewed themselves as superior in any situation and they clearly did to me as well as their own son. "So Emitt, what brings you here?" He asks as Beckett hurries to the kitchen.

"Beckett said you were having a family dinner so I thought it'd be a great opportunity to meet you both." I say politely, the offer me a weak smile though they didn't seem impressed in the slightest. "This is a beautiful home."

"Thank you. It was actually designed and built by one of our ancestors and has been trickled down the generations to us." His mother's says proudly as she admired the truly breathtaking house.

"Beckett, why don't you want to live here?" I question as he renters the room with small plates of apple pie. "It's magnificent."

"It gets lonely." He mumbles under his breath.

"I think it's amazing." I say with a smile that brings a bit of the usual light in his eyes back. They'd seem to disappear with the presence of his parents and I didn't like that in the slightest.

"I like you Emitt, you appreciate the finer things in life." His father comments with a half-genuine smile that makes me mentally fist pump. Even though I wasn't necessarily fond of them, I still rather them like me than hate me.

"Thank you." I comment as I refrain from stuffing the pie in my mouth and chew slowly.

The room is filled by an unwelcoming silence as everyone ate with their thoughts. Beckett looked scared, so scared he was paling and I started to think coming was a really bad idea. But it was going well so far and I'd been staying away from the topic of mates or anything involving the both of us so why was he so scared.
His parents on the other hand were very attentive, studying my every move with watchful eyes for a flaw I wouldn't let them find. I was behaving like perfection today and I needed them leaving this house believing I was just that, perfect.