ii. him

••••

••••

The only person to come up to them, Finley gave them a big smile. The raven haired boy looked up from his phone when he heard her voice. "Welcome to Pop's, What can I get you guys", she asked? One middle aged man with long hair who Finley recognized as Tall Boy. She met him when helping Jughead after Fred Andrews got shot. "Hey your Jughead's Irish girl", he said remembering exactly who she was. She didn't know why he had to mention that she was from Ireland. "Yep that's me, well I'm not Jughead's girl we're really good friends", she explained sounding like a mess. "Anyway orders", she said. Finley could still feel the raven haired boy's gaze on her small form. "I'll have two cheeseburgers and a chocolate milkshake", Tall Boy said. Finley nodded jotting that down. Tall Boy looked toward the other middle aged men in front of him. "I'll have one burger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake", one said, "one burger and a strawberry milkshake", the other said. She jotted this all down quickly and then she turned her attention to the handsome boy. "I'll have a milkshake of your choice", he smirked. Finley wanted to hit herself from blushing from his comment. "Noted", she smiled. She left to the bar to feel his gaze on her. Meanwhile at the Serpent table Tall Boy nudged Sweet Pea. "Milkshake of your choice, oh baby baby oh", Tall Boy mocked him. The two other men laughed. "She's a looker that's for sure, and that accent damn", one of the men said. "She's like 16 that's weird", Tall Boy said. The Serpents shared a laugh but Sweet Pea still thought about the girl with the cute accent. He turned to take one glimpse at her and saw her talking to a blonde with a high pony and a boy with a gray hat. He turned quickly away when she turned. She was finishing her favorite kind of milkshake. Cookies and cream. When Pop finished all of the Serpents food she brought it all out on a tray. She started placing the food down for them and the milkshakes. She put down the last milkshake that was the boys. "Cookies and cream, it's my personal favorite", she spoke softly. "Enjoy", she said to the men and left.

~

"I've got to put her on the spot, it's thanks to this young lady here", Pop Tate said pointing to Betty. "Pops gets to stay open tonight, tomorrow as long as you folks keep coming", Pop says. Everyone claps. "Thanks, also to the Lodge family for a donation they just made that gives us a little cushion to weather any storm that might come up", he said as we all clapped for the Lodge's.

~

It was almost at the end of the night when the core five sat at the table. Finley never minded that she was always fifth wheel because they were all friends and no one was ever disclosed. The Serpents left not to long ago the raven haired one looking at Finley longingly before leaving. "Ronnie, should I introduce myself to your dad", Archie asked his girlfriend? "You've faced enough dragons for one night, next time Archiekins", Veronica said sweetly. "So I guess tonight is a win for the good guys ", Betty said smiling at all of us. Finley nodded. "A rare win, but, yes", Jughead said. "Thanks to you Betts", Finley said making her friend and roommate smile widely. "You okay", Veronica asked Archie? "I'm here with you guys, so yeah I think so", he said as Veronica laid on his shoulder. Finley seemed to be the only one who noticed Archie state intently out the window. "Um Finley", Pop Tate said coming up our table. The core five's attention went to Pop Tate. "This paper and tip was left for you", he said handing it to Finley. "Thanks Pop, but here take the money", she said handing it over to him. "No you earned it besides, I think someone really wants you to have it", he said with a small smile. "Thanks Pop", she said as he walked away. "A note", Veronica asked? Finley started opening it.

Thanks for the milkshake ;)
##########

~ the young serpent

"Is that a phone number", Betty asked? Finley blushed. "Maybe", she said. Jughead smiled. "Way to go Finley", he cheered. All Finley could think about is if only if they knew it was a Southside Serpent who gave this to her.

~

"Are you almost done here, I want to go watch a Disney movie", Finley asked Betty? She laughed as Mrs. Cooper came over. "You do know that several drug deals went down here tonight", she said. Finley looked at her confused. "What", Betty asked? "And if you think Hiram Lodge Riverdale's answer to Scarface, helped Pop Tate for altruistic reasons, I have a bridge to sell you", she started. "The Serpents have no officially crossed the tracks and have a toehold on the Northside so congratulations Betty, you're almost single handedly responsible for giving crime a haven in Riverdale", Alice finished and walked away. Finley's mind went to the serpent who basically put a toehold on her. Finley turned to her friend who looked distraught. "Don't listen to her, you literally did the nicest thing ever, your amazing Betty Cooper", she said reassuring her friend. She let out a small laugh. "Thanks Finley but I think others would agree", she said. "Well fuck them then", Finley said never really cursing. "That sounds funny with your accent", Betty joked. Finley stuck her tongue out at her. "So was the boy who gave you the number cute", Betty asked? Finley froze. "Yeah a little", Finley blushed. "Girl call him", she begged her. Finley was really going to think about it.

A/N: this will be the last update for the day hope you enjoy! Expect one or two tomorrow!