14 Weeks

"We always knew you'd be the one to get the ring," Emma sighs heavily as she once again demands to see the engagement ring Isaac gave me

"We always knew you'd be the one to get the ring," Emma sighs heavily as she once again demands to see the engagement ring Isaac gave me. Mum had given it to him because she always knew that I wanted to wear her original engagement ring, but that hadn't gone down well with my youngest sister. Emma had always had her eye on it, too, so you can imagine her disappointment when Adam proposed with a whopping diamond that wasn't the one Dad had given our mother years before. That said, she was still happy for us. "When will the big day be? Please don't say it's around Christmas time. Or New Year's!"

Just like many others in our family, we were sick and tired of big events falling around December and January-time. Sophie, meeting Daniel, Sophie marrying Daniel, me getting knocked up... me getting hitched on New Year's was not going to happen. I was thinking Springtime but Isaac wanted it late summer. It's one of the many things that we are happily arguing over. Date, venue, bridesmaids, best man, honeymoon destinations, along with if we are ever going to have sex in Sera's nursery and in every room of Martha's mews house. I won't divulge which of us thinks that is a good idea and which thinks it's a bad idea. That, I'll leave to your imagination. 

"We're enjoying being engaged at the moment," I smile. From beside me, I hear Martha scoff. "Problem, Martha?"

She grins and shakes her head. "No. I was only going to say that we all know that you two are enjoying your engagement. Since he popped the question, I don't think Sera's slept in that house. Wednesday night, she was with me. Thursday with Jimmy and Camille. Friday was with Lucas and last night, Emma had her. God knows how you're managing to enjoy anything with him," Martha sneers. "Maybe it was because there was a gust of cold wind when I stumbled upon you naked in the house."

"I wasn't naked," I counter before catching o and gagging at her words. "Martha, you can't say things like that! He's your father."

"He should have kept his pecker in his boxers instead of letting it all hang out," Martha laughs. Honestly, she has no shame. I think it's partly because she's a Fletcher but also because she spends far too much time with those that are bad influences. Martha becoming friends with Keira was never going to end well. Steering the conversation back to something more satiable, Martha picks up a toy from the shelf and waves it in our direction. "Think Léa will like this?"

Martha and I had come to meet Emma and Sera at a toy shop in Central London, hoping to get some Christmas shopping done. If I was being honest, I was far behind with this shopping business, only having bought really for Sera. My family and I usually pick names from a hat to see who we were going to buy for but since most of us have settled down and there are two babies in the mix, that tradition was no longer possible. Instead, we all agreed to buy for Léa and Sera and then for the others, we were on a strict limit of only spending a maximum of fifty pounds. Given the expensive taste of some people in the family- Mum especially- our limit was hard to stick to but for some, like Lucas and Daniel, I had managed to come in under budget.