DILF

My favourite day of the week is any that I get off so I can spend time with my girls

My favourite day of the week is any that I get off so I can spend time with my girls. Last week, my plans to have some bonding time with Martha backfired spectacularly and while we hadn't made up fully, I still asked her to come and hang out with me and Sera today.

Lottie has gone to a meeting with that American Idiot, which leaves me on Daddy duties. I can't complain, though. I'd spent all day yesterday planning what Sera and I were going to do today; Martha would have to go along with whatever I chose to do but being the amazing parent that I am, I did try to include an element of something Martha would like. 

Our plan, then, was to take Sera to the park for a while, maybe take a stroll around the zoo, seeing as Lottie had abandoned us for the day, and then after, we'll head to La Petite for some warm drinks and a éclair before I took Martha to Harrods. I overheard her telling Sophie on Sunday that she hadn't yet got a dress for the ball in a few week's time so I took it upon myself to text Sophie yesterday to ask for her fashion expertise, hoping that she might offer to come and give us a helping hand. True to form, Sophie jumped at the chance to come and meet us, going as far as to excitedly phone me to tell me exactly what look Martha should go for. I told her that I was just the money man, everything else would have to go through Martha. 

Finally, after Harrods, we would come home, where Martha would keep an eye on Sera and I could make a head start on cooking up a storm in the kitchen. I wanted to experiment with a recipe that I remember my Greek grandmother make whenever we visited her as kids, thinking that Lottie might like it. To date, she hadn't tried anything Greek. I, meanwhile, had to eat frog's legs and snails not that long ago. Never again. 

This plan, however, was dependent on a few things. Firstly, Martha had to actually get out of bed. She was too fond of sleeping late whenever she had a day off and my timings didn't have any leeway today. If we were supposed to have food on the table by seven tonight, we had to start the day by leaving the house at ten am sharp. Next, I needed Sera to settle enough after her feed so that we could actually get out the door. The smallest sign of her not wanting to go, I would abandon the morning plans altogether. Sera, like her mother, has a set of lungs on her and she was not afraid to use them. Lastly, this plan would never take off if I can't find my wallet. I'm supposed to be the money man today, I need all my bank cards. 

"Hello?"

"Lottie, do you know where my wallet is?" I ask just as soon as Lottie answers my call. From her end, I hear a small giggle, followed by her informing me that it was beneath the couch in the family room. On my hands and knees- well, on one hand and both knees- I found my wallet exactly where Lottie said it would be. "Bingo. I honestly don't know what I would do without you, Lottie."

"Die an old miserable man?" She suggested harshly. 

"Is that your boyfriend?" American Idiot's voice asked from the other end of the line. 

Lottie laughed. "I don't think I'd quite refer to him as my boyfriend. He's my... partner?"

Biting down on my tongue to stop myself from commenting back, I thank Lottie for her help, tell her that I love her and then promise to see her when she gets home. On her request, I also promise to make sure that Sera doesn't die, not that I had any plans to let that happen.