Chapter 4

Shay p.o.v

     Hayes was taking forever. Its been an hour. I'm not even exaggerating. Well maybe a little but he was still taking long.

" Mr. Grier i'm gonna go up and get Hayes " I said quietly.

" Ok kiddo, where do you wanna go eat after? " He asked.

" Anywheres fine Mr. Grier. " I said.

     With that I went up stairs and went into my room. When I got their I saw him on the floor looking at a picture of us. He probably thinks i'm weird now for keeping that picture of him and I. I should have thrown it away.

" Umm. Hayes we have to go now " I mumbled.

" Ok i'll be down. I just wanna ask you a question Shay. " He said.

" Umm. Ok " I said. 

" Why did you keep this picture of us ? " He asked

     Thats the question I didn't want him to ask. I don't even know why I still kept it. It just brought back good memories of when we were little. I was about to tell him but then Mr. Grier came in.

" Hey guys I have to get back to work now so we have to leave now. " Mr. Grier said.

     Thank god he came. If he didn't I would have had to tell Hayes and it would just make things more akward.

     When we were in the car it was super quiet and akward so I just put my headphones on and listened to some music.

Hayes p.o.v

" Umm. Hayes we have to go now " Shay said. With her cute voice.

     She must think i'm a weirdo because i'm sitting on the ground and looking at a picture. I'm such a doof.

" Ok i'll be down. I just wanna ask you a question Shay. " I said.

" Umm. Ok " she said kinda sounding scared.

      I don't want to be mean and hurt her but she deserves it. For what she did to me. 

* flashback when we were 10 *

     I am so bored. Maybe I should call Shay we haven't seen each other in like a week.

( the call )

" Hey Hayes " She said trying to hide her laugh.

" Hey Shay I was woundering if you wanna hang out today? " I asked

      Their was a pause.

" I can't today Hayse my moms making me do loads of chores. " She said. But I didn't believe her. I just got this feeling that she was lieing to mw.

" Ok then bye " I said sadly

" Bye " she said.

( end of call )

     Since I didn't believe her.Call me a bad bestfriend. I thought I would go help her with her "chores"..

     I got to her house and I rang the door bell. Her dad answered it. He was really drunk. I could tell his breath smelled like it. I asked him where Shay was and he said he was at the tree house. I couldn't believe she lied to me. When I was walking to the tree house I heard two voices.

" Shay I gotta tell you something. " Josh said.

" Were bestfriends yeah. So nothing could change anything. " Josh continued.

" Of course. " Shay said. 

     That killed me. First she lied to me about being busy and second she says that Josh is her bestfriend.

     Then Josh did something that made me want to murder him, lock him in a safe, and throw him in a river.

     He leaned in and kissed Shay. But the worst thing was that she kissed back.