Part 19: The Latent Truth

Part 19: THE LATENT TRUTH

she was totally out of herself...her life had become totally a home of sorrow and pain...
One day!..she was sitting at the window of her room..looking outside...

''Sanyukta beta..kya haal bana ke rakha tumne apna?? Come out of ur trance now..'' her dad caressed her shoulder...
''baba...mujhse nahi ho paayega!...'' she replied helplessly...
''beta!..i understand ur condition..lekin its high time now..6 mahine ho chuke hain usse gaye huye! Aur tum ab tak usski yaad mein khud ko sazaa de rahi ho!..'' he chipped...
''i don't know how to come out of this..'' she sobbed..

''ye meri Sanyukta nahi hai..meri Sanyukta toh bahut strong thi usse koi bhi baat itna weak nahi bana sakti!'' he motivated her....she gazed at him..

''beta kabhi toh zindagi mein aage badhna padega na...aise kab tak khud ko dard deti rahogi?'' he chipped...
''toh kya karun baba??'' she asked...

''shaadi...shaadi karlo beta!..'' he caressed her hair....
''baba...main..'' she tried but he interrupted...
''mana mat karna beta!..please apne baba ki baat maanlo..dekho main tumhe abhi shaadi karne ke liye nahi keh raha!..but beta uss ladke se mil lo ek baar....phir jo tumhara decision hoga mujhe bata dena..'' he mumbled...
she nodded her head...

''theek hai baba..kab milna hai?'' she managed to utter these words against her will....

''kal shaam 4 baje Moonlite cafe...ok beta..'' he instructed...
''ok baba par unka naam kya hai?'' she enquired with a pale face...
''A.C.P Singh...and thank u beta meri baat maanne ke liye..'' he hugged her..
''baba..thank u mat boliye..aap ke liye toh main kuch bhi kar sakti hun...'' she smiled....
and he left the room..
Next evening
she dressed herself unwillingly....and went to the cafe...
There she saw a man standing in police uniform with his back facing her..she slowly paced towards him...and placed her hand on his shoulder...
''A.C.P Singh??..'' she asked...he turned...''yes Inspector Sanyukta Agarwal...i'm A.C.P Randhir Singh Shekhawat..'' he smiled...she was about to faint....her eyes popped out...her mouth was opened in 'O' shape!

''Ra...Ran..Randhir...t..t..tu..tum!!'' she was hell shocked..
''tum nahi aap..i m ur senior officer!..'' he smirked naughtily..She held his collar and slapped him..
''arey..hadd hai..ek on duty police officer ko thappad maara tumne!'' he placed his palm on his cheek...
''tumhari toh jaan le leni chahiye..itna bada jhooth..u cheater..'' she shoved him..

To be continued