3

Emma's p.o.v

I got dressed in a simple black jeans and hulk T-shirt. I made my way downstairs to have breakfast.

"Now, who believes in fictional character?" Cat asked pointing her fork at my hulk t-shirt with a raised eyebrow.

"Come on, it's just a T-shirt." I shrugged my shoulder.

"Seriously?! You have all the Marvel characters T-shirt." Cat gave an unbelievable expression.

"I like them, but I don't believe they are all true unlike you." I clicked my tongue at her, she rolled her eyes.

Dad dropped me off to college. I entered the campus and lots of eyes started scrutinizing me. I heard lot of whisper behind me. But, I don't care what they are whispering.

I walked towards my classroom, as soon as Nidori saw me she waved at me. I went and sat next to her. We chatted about random things. The lecturer was on time today.

Good.

Now, it's time for third period, I don't want to attend this class. I don't have other choice but to attend.

I sat in third row, I don't want to fight with that idiot again. The students saw me like an alien, whispering and gossiping behind me.

What is wrong with these people?!

That idiot made it to class early today, he saw me and his desk. I ignored him and plugged in my ears plugs.

I felt a poke on my left arm. I turned to see it was Carob.

"You need anything?" I asked little annoyed.

"I need you." He said with a grin and I rolled my eyes.

"In your dreams, Carob."

"Hell yeah, you even invaded my dreams yesterday and you know what you did?" He asked coming closer.

"I'm sure, I would have kicked you." I said with a smirk.

"How do you know?" He asked trying to look surprised.

We both laughed as he continued to narrate his dream, how I chased and kicked his ass, but ended the story saying I kissed him. Cliché much!

Suddenly, he became quiet and bow downed his head. When I asked, he said nothing and went back to his seat.
Strange.

The class ended well. I headed to cafeteria for lunch. Betty saw me and waved at me I gestured her saying I will come back after taking my lunch. I bought a burger and coke.

On my way, I saw, that idiot, was arguing with someone and next to him was that rude blonde hair girl, Scarlet. I walked past them, but in a swift motion my lunch was on the ground, smashed and wasted. I turned to see who it is.

Ahh! this idiot!

"What the hell?!" I yelled at him angrily. Everyone in the cafeteria turned to look at us.

"Sorry." He said and turned away, but I don't think he was sorry at all. I balled my fist to stop myself before doing something stupid.

"Are you even sorry?" I asked trying to be as calm as possible.

"Excuse me?" He asked cockily and took a step towards me, I didn't back out.

"I asked, do you really feel sorry?" I asked raising my voice.

"How dare you?!" Scarlet shouted angrily interfering between us.

"I'm not talking to you." I said the obvious.

"You better know whom you're talking to mutt." She said angrily and kicked the coke. I'm done controlling myself.

"Let it go, Em." Betty said pulling my arms backward.

"Yeah better go, before ending up with an ugly punch on your face." Scarlet taunted me.

"Stop it, Scarlet." Betty warned in a different voice, scarlet backed off.

Dustin bought me another lunch as we sat in the table. My hands are trembling with anger. I need to get out from here. But I can't leave just like that. As if, adding fuel to the burning fire, that idiot jerk came and sat with us.

"Hey, everyone." He said.

"Aaron, what was that?" Betty asked him.

"It was just an accident." He replied shrugging his shoulders.

"You should have stopped Scarlet." Betty crossed her arms.

"Don't tell me what to do. It was her, who argued on silly things causing a scene." He said in cold tone. I can't sit here anymore or else I will end up hitting him with my shoe.

"Betty, I will meet you in class." I said and walked out of the cafeteria without having my lunch.

I curse him and scarlet to have stomachache.

My rest of the afternoon flew away and I'm so damn hungry. I might faint anytime now but my savior came to my rescue. My dad came at right time to pick me and when I told him I was hungry he took me to McDonald's.

Finally, I can eat my burger now.
My phone vibrated.

[Where are you?] Nick texted me.

[In McDonald's, having my burger. Where are you?]

[Near the beach enjoying the view.] He sent an picture of ocean view.

[Traitor! You left me alone and enjoying the view there.]

[Sorry, Em. Jacob didn't allow me to take you with me. ☹]

[Fine. When are you coming back?] I can't stay angry on this guy.

[After two days, I have few more work to finish.]

[Okay, come back soon. I miss you. Bye.]

[Bye.]

"Who is it?" Dad asked seeing me heave a sigh.

"Nick. He said he will be coming back after two days." I pouted.

"I know." He replied.

"Why didn't you allow me to go with him?" I asked taking a bite on my burger.

"Because you have college." He said in a duh tone.

"Even he has college, then why did you send him?"

"He is responsible unlike you." I pouted not able to argue on that.

Nick joined our family when I was eight-year-old, since then we are best friends, he is a year older than me, but he studies in the same class as me. He is like a brother to me, he protected me in every situation.

He lost his parents in a car accident and he didn't have any other relatives. He was left in the street crying and begging for money. Dad saw and bought him to our family. We all treat him like a family member. Before coming here, dad had asked him to do some office work that's why he is in Mexico and I'm here sulking over a burger.

After coming home, I changed into comfortable clothes and started studying. I don't have any other work to do so why not study. I'm a straight A grade student and to maintain that position I have to work hard. Because of my hard work, I can graduate early taking advanced and higher classes.

I went to bed after studying and soon sleep took me to my dreamland.

--

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Thank you😊.