twenty four

"You know what, I pulled myself out of that school

"You know what, I pulled myself out of that school." Kuie told him as she hugged her knees while they were both sitting on the steps of the stairs, watching the view of the night river.

Jaemin just looked at her sad face, he was worried. He suddenly wrapped his arm around her shoulder and patted her. "You little rascal, you punched someone didn't you." He scoffed then the girl just nodded.

"The teacher said that it was just my first offense, I only got a warning." She told him. "But I told him I want to be kicked out, I don't wanna come back."

Jaemin sighed as he pulled her closer to him and looked at the stars. "I thought you've changed in a short period of time after you left me in LA. You're still brutal as ever." He chuckled but the girl didn't answer. "How are you and your boyfriend?" He asked looking at her.

"He's not my boyfriend." She said directly to the point.

"Jinjja? But that guy told me so." Jaemin chuckled again.

"He has a fiancé, I'm just the mistress." She sighed.

Her statement made Jaemin shut up for a few moments. He looked at the sky with a thousand of luminous stars and admired them. "You know what Kuie, I like you." He paused making the girl looked at him, he just smiled at her. "I rejected Daehwi's friend because I like you. I admit I was so jealous of your boy when he told me that he is your boyfriend. But then I realized you only look at me as a friend. Why would I push myself to you?"

"Jaemin-ah.."

"Actually, I decided to stop my feelings for you also, I wasted someone precious because of greed."

"Are you blaming me?" Kuie asked him acting as if she's upset making Jaemin flinched and chuckled nervously.

"Aniyo, why would I blame you?" He said. "I'm blaming myself since it's my fault that I lost someone who's precious to me."

"Aish.." She hissed as Jaemin smiled.

"Hey, don't you think he's blaming himself too about what happened? Well we're in different situation. He has to distance himself from you because he was blackmailed, and me, I let someone go, carelessly." Kuie looked at Jaemin with her curious eyes.

"How did you know?" She asked him.

"Well, your mom once called and Daniel hyung too, but anyways that's not important. I am your best friend. I have to deal with your life too." He said with a comforting smile. "Don't be too sad, he's doing it for you and also, you're doing this for him. Cinderella had a happy ending and so does you." He added patting her back.

Kuie smiled at him and looked at the stars. "I hope you're right, Jaemin-ah. Gomawo.."

"No problem." He replied as he remembered something. "By the way, you asked me if I could tell my sister to go the café you told me right? What is it about?"